Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Hawksmoor

Closed-end funds and OEICs
Aminatidi
Lemon Slice

Hawksmoor

Postby Aminatidi » March 24th, 2019, 11:24 am

I wondered if anyone has any thoughts, experience, or money with them please?

I've seen them mentioned on a few threads online around cautious management and their track record looks to speak for itself.

I expect people will have a view on fees and whether a low cost multi-asset is a more sensible/obvious option :)

PNL, CGT, RICA seem to come up each time this subject arises, these seem to take a slightly different "fund of funds" approach.

https://www.hawksmoorim.co.uk/how-can-w ... set-funds/

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Re: Hawksmoor

Postby tjh290633 » March 24th, 2019, 2:05 pm

Right. I will move this topic to ITs & UTs, and modify the diversion notes.

Sorry for the confusion.

TJH

StOmer

Re: Hawksmoor

Postby StOmer » March 24th, 2019, 10:12 pm

Aminatidi wrote:...PNL, CGT, RICA seem to come up each time this subject arises, these seem to take a slightly different "fund of funds" approach.

Do you regard PNL as a fund of funds? I'd term it very cautious, heavy on treasuries and gold type of thing with a long history of betting against the current bull run but often their 'quarterlies' are a great read. I tend to use PNL as a cash holding when I have sold off something, RICA used to be heavy on Japan but not sure if it is nowadays. CGT has a long history of never posting an annual loss but that got fouled up a couple of years to 18 months back, it seems to be back on track but how much longer for Mr. Spiller? Sorry, I can't help with Hawksmoor.

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”