Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

A new user of this sites strategy

Stocks and Shares ISA , Choosing funds for ISA's, risk factors for funds etc
Investment strategy discussions not dealt with elsewhere.
Pipsmum
Lemon Slice

Re: A new user of this sites strategy

Postby Pipsmum » February 22nd, 2019, 4:44 pm

DiamondEcho wrote:
Pipsmum wrote:I've been reading about 13 trading tips by a master trader, a Mr Minervini. I'm guilty of some and others have made me think.
http://www.minervini.com/blog/index.php/blog/show/top_13_reasons_why_most_traders_fail_to_achieve_big_performance

In my international banking career I never came upon the term 'master trader', despite spending most of those years on trading floors. Is that sufficient a warning light yet? We don't see who this guy is, who he worked for, what he did - at least not that I can see.
Also the idea that a 'big swinging Wall St trader' is qualified to advise strategies suitable for longer-term/accumulating/retirement purposes is stretching credibility. One is looking ahead, for himself, 10 seconds, a minute, a few hours. The other is contemplating others and their needs 20-30 years ahead - about as culturally and skill-set opposed as you might get IMHO.
Run a mile, and fast, I'd say.

Quite agree about running a mile. I've come to the decisive conclusion I'm truly crap at share buying. I think I'd be much better off with a single premium bond and keep my dosh (if I had some) in the TSB @5% and Tescos @3%. Then stick to doing what I'm good at.

PLS1nve5t

Re: A new user of this sites strategy

Postby PLS1nve5t » February 23rd, 2019, 12:09 am

DiamondEcho wrote:
Pipsmum wrote:I've been reading about 13 trading tips by a master trader, a Mr Minervini. I'm guilty of some and others have made me think.
http://www.minervini.com/blog/index.php/blog/show/top_13_reasons_why_most_traders_fail_to_achieve_big_performance

In my international banking career I never came upon the term 'master trader', despite spending most of those years on trading floors. Is that sufficient a warning light yet? We don't see who this guy is, who he worked for, what he did - at least not that I can see.
Also the idea that a 'big swinging Wall St trader' is qualified to advise strategies suitable for longer-term/accumulating/retirement purposes is stretching credibility. One is looking ahead, for himself, 10 seconds, a minute, a few hours. The other is contemplating others and their needs 20-30 years ahead - about as culturally and skill-set opposed as you might get IMHO.
Run a mile, and fast, I'd say.

There is a very active thread about Minervini on Stockopedia, must say from limited knowledge he looks good, his 1st book is lined up for holiday reading next week - keeping an open mind until proven otherwise....

Return to “Investment Strategies”