Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Terry Smith explains..........

Stocks and Shares ISA , Choosing funds for ISA's, risk factors for funds etc
Investment strategy discussions not dealt with elsewhere.
Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: Terry Smith explains..........

Postby Dod101 » September 21st, 2018, 11:12 am

Backache wrote:[Not quite sure how you can say you missed out on Fundsmith ? It is an open ended OEIC and just as easy or even easier to invest in than it was at launch.
I am not sure that there is anything to suggest that Smithson will necessarily be a better buy now than Fundsmith other than possibly the small size effect. FEET has been significantly less successful.
Smith and Robins themselves will not be running it even if Smith will be overseeing it.

What I meant was that I did not get in at the start. Not too keen on OEICs anyway and prefer the investment trust format. I expect Smithson will be more volatile as I have already said but I do not mind that. I am not completely sold on Terry Smith's style but at least he has strong views which I like and the results of Fundsmith speaks for themselves. Smithson should sit comfortably alongside Scottish Mortgage and Fidelity Growth and Income. A nice spread of managers and styles.

Dod

Return to “Investment Strategies”