Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

American multinationals EU HQs and Brexit

Stocks and Shares ISA , Choosing funds for ISA's, risk factors for funds etc
Investment strategy discussions not dealt with elsewhere.
mbdmbd

American multinationals EU HQs and Brexit

Postby mbdmbd » April 7th, 2019, 8:54 pm

Hi,
I've given up attempting to guess the outcome of the Brexit saga, but it has occurred to me that a substantial amount of the economic drama is already 'in the system'. Specifically, I am confident that new decisions about European HQs by English speaking American companies are now much less likely to include London in their shortlists..... Afterall, their European operations will basically be dealing with the EU market, but they still want to continue to do business in English.

My conclusion is that whether we stay or leave these companies will still be incentivised to look for an English speaking HQ inside the EU.... IE Dublin. It appears that Barclays Bank is already in the process of 'moving' to Ireland (although I didn't read how many, if any jobs will move).

I am trying to find some funds/equities which would benefit from the movement of this type of company into Dublin at London's expense. Perhaps not property since I believe that there has been a lot of speculation on Irish Property and I'm not confident that the prices are right.

Can anyone suggest a fund or other instrument that I should be investigating to take advantage of the process that I expect will be happening, bringing yet more corporate focus to Dublin?

Thanks,
mbdmbd: 7th April 2019

BrummieDave
Lemon Slice

Re: American multinationals EU HQs and Brexit

Postby BrummieDave » April 7th, 2019, 11:14 pm

Diageo (Guinness)

Return to “Investment Strategies”