Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Custom hand grips

On road, off road, Mamils, Club rides or just share your routes and tips
88V8
Lemon Half

Custom hand grips

Postby 88V8 » October 19th, 2021, 6:57 pm

For just £90 on Kickstarter, you can have a pair of custom grips made to fit your very own hand.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/personomic/personomic-custom-made-bike-grips-with-high-durability?

Is this actually an issue? Or a solution looking for a problem?

It has a surprising amount of funding....

V8

servodude
Lemon Half

Re: Custom hand grips

Postby servodude » October 20th, 2021, 12:24 am

88V8 wrote:For just £90 on Kickstarter, you can have a pair of custom grips made to fit your very own hand.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/personomic/personomic-custom-made-bike-grips-with-high-durability?

Is this actually an issue? Or a solution looking for a problem?

It has a surprising amount of funding....

V8

Not sure.

I know that I have spent a good deal of time to find the right combination of grips, orientation and gloves (in addition to stem length and saddle position) so that I don't suffer from any numbness/pain
- doing ~100miles a week on a combination of roads and track for commuting on a hybrid (basically a rigid MTB with hard pumped marathon tyres)

The current grips I have look very much like those in the link (hence you need to consider where they are pointed on the bars)
- the material is firm rubber(or close enough to make me think it is) and the palm bulge is comfortable for those times when I actually grip the handles

I don't think having them molded to fit would make much difference given how I use them

I can imagine though that they could be useful for some - especially if you're not moving your hands:
- back pedal brake single speeds
- adult trike riders (I have a cousin with cerebral palsy whose bike is ergo'ed up to the max)

- sd

Return to “Cycling”