Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Kate Bingham The Long Shot

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
Dod101
The full Lemon

Kate Bingham The Long Shot

Postby Dod101 » December 21st, 2022, 7:32 am

I am reading this account of her time as the vaccine Tsar in 2020.There is to me something unsatisfactory about it, certainly for a general reader like me. It is a breathless account of her highly successful time in procuring vaccines for UK and we could almost say, the World. It is though full of her connections in that world and a whole catalogue of names keeps flashing by together with highly technical descriptions of the various vaccines she was interested in

She was no doubt the right person for the job with her knowledge and connections and whoever chose her was on to something. She shook up Whitehall whilst she was there but sadly it seems unsurprisingly to have reverted to type once the immediate crisis was over.

Not sure I would recommend this book but nevertheless it is probably worth a read to anyone really interested in the subject and with better knowledge of the background than I have.

Dod

Return to “Books and Reading”