Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Batch editing images

Kit, locations and help
swill453
Lemon Half

Batch editing images

Postby swill453 » May 18th, 2017, 2:28 pm

I (still) use Picasa 3 to manage my images locally, and to do fairly basic touching up of them. I'm satisfied enough to carry on using it.

It has about 40-odd different editing functions - fill light, boost, soften, contrast etc.

It also has a batch edit, but this only has about 10 functions.

As luck would have it, I quite often want to apply the same function to lots of images when it isn't one of the supplied batch functions.

Are there any relatively simple batch image editors for Windows that might do this? Free, of course, since in the main I'm quite happy with the free Picasa.

Or does anyone suggest replacing Picasa with something else?

Scott.

staffordian
Lemon Quarter

Re: Batch editing images

Postby staffordian » May 18th, 2017, 3:21 pm

Have a look at Irfanview. It seems to come well recommended, from what I've read, and I've used it in the past, but not tried batch editing.

It certainly has some batch capabilities, but I'm not sure exactly what you can do in this way. You can batch rename, change image type etc and I'd be very suprised if you can't use it to apply some batch editing too.

Staffordian

swill453
Lemon Half

Re: Batch editing images

Postby swill453 » June 5th, 2017, 11:00 am

staffordian wrote:Have a look at Irfanview. It seems to come well recommended, from what I've read, and I've used it in the past, but not tried batch editing.

It certainly has some batch capabilities, but I'm not sure exactly what you can do in this way. You can batch rename, change image type etc and I'd be very suprised if you can't use it to apply some batch editing too.

Just to follow up this thread, I downloaded Irfanview and it does exactly what I want. Under "Advanced" options in "Batch Conversion/Rename", every type of effect can be tweaked - contrast, saturation, colour balance etc.

Scott.

Return to “Photography”