Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Cleaning

Kit, locations and help
Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Cleaning

Postby Slarti » June 3rd, 2017, 6:04 pm

Somehow my viewfinder and protective lens filter have got dirt on them, meaning that I can't be sure if a shot is out of focus, or if it is just the dirt on one or the other causing blurring.

I think that it is mainly the viewfinder as the images seem to be as good as they ever were, given the limitations of the photographer.

Would I be OK using a wet spectacle cleaning thingy, followed by the microfibre cloth from the optician on the viewfinder and lens filter?

Slarti

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: Cleaning

Postby redsturgeon » June 3rd, 2017, 6:56 pm

Yes..

CaledoniaMan

Postby CaledoniaMan » June 4th, 2017, 11:08 pm

I think that it is mainly the viewfinder as the images seem to be as good as they ever were, given the limitations of the photographer.

Marks on the lens or on a lens filter tend to fall well outside the focus range of the lens and if small generally don't show up on the image. Bigger marks covering a material portion of the lens/filter will start to show up but as a out of focus dark area on the image.

Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Postby Slarti » June 5th, 2017, 10:51 am

CaledoniaMan wrote:

Marks on the lens or on a lens filter tend to fall well outside the focus range of the lens and if small generally don't show up on the image. Bigger marks covering a material portion of the lens/filter will start to show up but as a out of focus dark area on the image.

Obvious really, once you explain it.

Will clean both ends when home.

Thanks both.
Slarti

Return to “Photography”