Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Human alien interactions

Scientific discovery and discussion
odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Re: Human alien interactions

Postby odysseus2000 » May 15th, 2022, 11:24 am

This tweet & associated video consider whether the original 2017 New York Times article was accurate & whether people in this field were part of a ufo program at the Pentagon:

https://twitter.com/nickpopemod/status/ ... Cfarjudwdw

Regards,

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 15th, 2022, 12:43 pm

Great!

From The Basement Office

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XD4gQS_-qY

"Jackpot!" ;)

"...but some people had doubts"

Hal Puthoff! - Jeez, if ever I'd heard that name I'd have been put right off from the get go! I have heard of him from way back, nonsensical research into 'psychic remote viewing' for the US military etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_E._Puthoff
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_viewing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Project

Stands comparison with the film The Men Who Stare at Goats

So indeed it was instigated by a lot of hot air from 'enthusiasts of woo' and by money (of course). I see poltergeists even got a mention, too! :lol:

"I think we should stop and ask ourselves how did we get here?"

"...change one thing and it can look completely different like something else altogether" - A very important point.

The Pentagon: "It was determined the reports were of limited value"

You always have to allow for the human factor... And, as ever: There's nowt so queer as folk.

CliffEdge
Lemon Quarter

Postby CliffEdge » May 15th, 2022, 12:52 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:This tweet & associated video consider whether the original 2017 New York Times article was accurate & whether people in this field were part of a ufo program at the Pentagon:

Regards,

Looks like this thread can be locked now then

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 15th, 2022, 1:02 pm

CliffEdge wrote:Looks like this thread can be locked now then

Though odysseus2000 would still point to the released AEP footage!

But we can look forward to episode 2 from The Basement Office. ;)

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » May 15th, 2022, 1:26 pm

CliffEdge wrote:
odysseus2000 wrote:This tweet & associated video consider whether the original 2017 New York Times article was accurate & whether people in this field were part of a ufo program at the Pentagon:

Regards,

Looks like this thread can be locked now then

No, there are lots of potential charlatans in this business which is why I have staid away from what individuals say and focused on facts.

As far as I know all military accept that UAP exist, but don't know what they are. The US military also says that folk who claim to have been abducted show medical symptoms of traumas that are not explainable with normal everyday life experience. There is also still no explanation for the bovine mutilations.

Regards,

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 15th, 2022, 3:25 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:
CliffEdge wrote:Looks like this thread can be locked now then

No, there are lots of potential charlatans in this business which is why I have staid away from what individuals say and focused on facts.

But, as the above shows, this may be easier said than done.

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » May 16th, 2022, 6:50 pm

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » May 17th, 2022, 4:42 pm

https://www.independent.co.uk/space/ufo-hearing-congress-public-navy-b2080951.html

UFO sightings are “frequent and continuous,” a naval intelligence officer told members of a Congressional intelligence committee Tuesday morning.

In his opening statements before the committee, Deputy Director of Naval Intelligence Scott Bray told members of the US House Intelligence Committee's subcommittee on Counterterrorism, Counterintelligence, and Counterproliferation that UFO sightings — or Unidentified Aerial Phenomona (UAPs) in the Pentagon’s new terminology — have been common on military ranges since the 2000s....

Most of these sightings fall into one of five categories, he says: airborne clutter, national atmospheric phenomena, US industry development programs, foreign adversaries, or “other.” The eventually identifiable observations have included pieces of Mylar from balloons and commercial and military drones, Mr Bray said, and improvements in military sensors may be responsible for some of the increase in sightings.

At the same time, both Mr Bray and Mr Moultrie noted that many sightings remain unexplained, and potentially hazardous, with Mr Bray noting there have been 11 near-collisions between UFOs and military assets. AOIMSG is setting up a formal reporting process to help reduce the stigma around reportin UFO sightings in order to collect more data and better understand any potential risks.

RC

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » May 28th, 2022, 12:54 am

To my amazement I witnessed a uap this evening.

What ever it was, was going East, unknown height, but well below civil aviation airliners and with no flashing lights, just a steady and smooth trajectory with a white light of similar spectrum to a cold white led and traveling quickly, not like a meteorite or a satellite, but it soon passed out of sight. There was no engine noise that I could hear.

As far as I understand observations of uap, this is very like what many have reported for over 50+ years.

Had I set up my 70 mm refracting telescope I might have seen something interesting or an understanding that it was something human, but I hadn't.

Should have got it on my iPhone, but didn't as I was just finishing heavy gardening work and it was nearly dark and then suddenly this and I was trying to figure out what it was and then realised it was nothing I could explain. Then it was out of sight.

Regards,

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » May 28th, 2022, 6:24 am

odysseus2000 wrote:

What ever it was, was going East, unknown height, but well below civil aviation airliners and with no flashing lights, just a steady and smooth trajectory with a white light of similar spectrum to a cold white led and travelling quickly, not like a meteorite or a satellite, but it soon passed out of sight. There was no engine noise that I could hear.

As far as I understand observations of uap, this is very like what many have reported for over 50+ years.

I think you might have unwittingly added to the evidence that there are such high numbers of man-made atmospheric elements at this recent time in our history, that it's easier than ever before to convince ourselves of the existence of alien spacecraft though Ody...

I mean, a bloke starts a thread like this on an internet bulletin board, and then just weeks later he witnesses an alien spacecraft flying above his head.

What were the odds of that?

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » May 28th, 2022, 6:54 am

Itsallaguess wrote:
odysseus2000 wrote:

What ever it was, was going East, unknown height, but well below civil aviation airliners and with no flashing lights, just a steady and smooth trajectory with a white light of similar spectrum to a cold white led and travelling quickly, not like a meteorite or a satellite, but it soon passed out of sight. There was no engine noise that I could hear.

I think you might have unwittingly added to the evidence that there are such high numbers of man-made atmospheric elements at this recent time in our history, that it's easier than ever before to convince ourselves of the existence of alien spacecraft though Ody...

I mean, a bloke starts a thread like this on an internet bulletin board, and then just weeks later he witnesses an alien spacecraft flying above his head.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Well if (as we are to believe) there's some big collusion going on, might Ody have unwittingly put himself on a surveillance list because of his postings? And this might just have been them checking up on him?

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » May 28th, 2022, 2:17 pm

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Prior to getting interested in this I had completely dismissed ufo now uap from the list of possibilities, but through studying I discovered what uap look like & what air crews have reported since the second war. These are often bright lights moving quickly & that is what I saw. Until getting interested I would not have been looking up as much or knowing what to look for.

According to the RAF there are hundreds of sighting per year, so all I know is that I saw something that fits in with known uap characteristics. I tried hard to get another explanation but none came. It was for example not Venus as it was moving fast relative to me & I was stationary & had no flashing lights that air craft have.

Regards,

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 28th, 2022, 2:27 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:Prior to getting interested in this I had completely dismissed ufo now uap from the list of possibilities, but through studying I discovered what uap look like & what air crews have reported since the second war. These are often bright lights moving quickly & that is what I saw. Until getting interested I would not have been looking up as much or knowing what to look for.

And yet, surprisingly, you have said you own a "70mm refractor".

odysseus2000 wrote:According to the RAF there are hundreds of sighting per year, so all I know is that I saw something that fits in with known uap characteristics. I tried hard to get another explanation but none came. It was for example not Venus as it was moving fast relative to me & I was stationary & had no flashing lights that air craft have.

How do you know it wasn't a satellite (it was "going East")? For instance, have you checked the time and direction against the ISS etc. ?

https://www.n2yo.com/satellites/?c=1

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » May 28th, 2022, 5:39 pm

The uap was under high clouds & visible all the time whereas lights in the heavens were in & out due to clouds moving in front of them.

Yes, I own a 70 mm refractor, part of a project to see how many of the Messier objects I can observe with a telescope of similar size to what Messier had. I also have a 150 mm reflector, mostly I use these on cloudless nights when it’s dark, not in twilight when I saw the uap.

I also have a range of other scientific & technical apparatus for various other interests & business.

I also have PhD in nuclear physics & years of research here & in the USA. I can of course make mistakes, but I am far from a uneducated amateur.

Regards,

CryptoPlankton
Lemon Slice

Postby CryptoPlankton » May 28th, 2022, 6:06 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:I am far from a uneducated amateur.

Regards,

<Titter...>

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 28th, 2022, 6:11 pm

odysseus2000 wrote:The uap was under high clouds & visible all the time whereas lights in the heavens were in & out due to clouds moving in front of them.

OK. That sounds definite. But obviously we can only make various plausible suggestions (e.g. light plane at some distance, balloon at near distance etc.) without getting anywhere. Again, "twilight" raises various issues - direction of illumination in relation to both yourself and the UAP etc.

Why did you think "it was nothing I could explain" - as opposed to it simply being something you could not identify?

Obviously from your point of view it was, by definition, a UAP!
Last edited by XFool on May 28th, 2022, 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » May 28th, 2022, 6:44 pm

What ever it was didn’t fit anything I have ever seen before. I really should have just photographed it, but I was trying to convince myself that it was something I could identify, but at the time & later it still escapes me as to what it might have been if it was human technology.

Regards,

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 28th, 2022, 7:38 pm

...The trouble is, it sounds like a pretty typical 'UAP' event.

Apart from knowing it appeared to be below the cloud base we don't know:

It's size
It's distance
It's height above ground
It's speed relative to the ground
Or even if it was self-illuminated or passively reflecting light

There is pretty well nowhere for theorising to go, unless some significant extra information becomes available.

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » May 28th, 2022, 9:25 pm

XFool wrote:...The trouble is, it sounds like a pretty typical 'UAP' event.

It's size
It's distance
It's height above ground

Nor if there were any grocer's involved ... :lol:

odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Postby odysseus2000 » May 28th, 2022, 9:27 pm

XFool wrote:...The trouble is, it sounds like a pretty typical 'UAP' event.

It's size
It's distance
It's height above ground

There is pretty well nowhere for theorising to go, unless some significant extra information becomes available.

Yes, I concur & that is the reason I am trying to make my 70 mm refractor more suitable for quick use with better & swift control of where it is pointing, but without going for a sophisticated & heavy mount like I have on my 150 mm reflector.

As I understand the Galileo project at Harvard the idea is to have a number of around 100 mm diameter telescopes available that can quickly be adjusted to focus on uap with the hope of getting a much better image than is obtainable with a smart phone. There is some interesting data available from a Turkish uap that show a craft, but there are some questions over whether the operator saw what he thinks he saw & whether it was instead a ship some how reflecting off some atmospheric “mirror.” It should be possible to calibrate the Harvard telescopes on air craft & collect enough data to verify that what is recorded came from a uap. If satellite imagery is as good as some claim there is likely already high resolution images that are classified & not available to anyone with out security clearance that could answer many questions unless satellites can only see the ground & not flying objects, but their performance is classified & I have no idea what can be seen.

Regards,

Return to “Science”