Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to GrahamPlatt,gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron, for Donating to support the site

Reading human thoughts

Scientific discovery and discussion
odysseus2000
Lemon Half

Reading human thoughts

Postby odysseus2000 » April 13th, 2023, 10:59 am

Interesting application of AI, in using brain activity trained on images to recreate what a person is thinking. This has potentially huge implications for many things & also some serious potential issues that may allow others to know things that are for now kept hidden within the brain ( 7 minutes):

https://youtu.be/rSpYEAUDiU0

Regards,

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Re: Reading human thoughts

Postby mc2fool » April 13th, 2023, 12:10 pm

Reminds me of that rather strange but intriguing Wim Wenders film, Until the End of the World, that I've longed wished would come on the box again, that's (mostly) about a device that can record and playback dreams...

servodude
Lemon Half

Re: Reading human thoughts

Postby servodude » April 13th, 2023, 12:22 pm

mc2fool wrote:Reminds me of that rather strange but intriguing Wim Wenders film, Until the End of the World, that I've longed wished would come on the box again, that's (mostly) about a device that can record and playback dreams...

Not Brainstorm by Doug Trumbull?

I love this stuff
- a couple of decades ago the guy who sat next to me in my phD lab was trying to work out what tune we were thinking
- and I spend a lot of my time these days looking at brain signals from sleeping folk.

It's not hard sometimes to go all Ody' when you've been raised on a diet of classic sci-fi

Return to “Science”