Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Hand of God Part 3

Religion and Philosophy
Forum rules
we are introducing this on a trial basis and that respect for other's views is important e.g. phrases like "your imaginary friend" or "you will go to hell" are not appropriate
taken2often
Lemon Slice

Hand of God Part 3

Postby taken2often » October 25th, 2021, 8:09 pm

I got a lot of stick over 1 and 2. In one of them I stated that perhaps America needed to be punished if Donald Lost. At the time I thought that the middle of the road decent American would vote him in to continue the good work. It turned out that half of America had been denied any knowledge of his good works, so it is of no surprise that he failed. A dodgy subject ( 400 million dollars spent by BIG Tech to assist the vote). I challenged the readers here to list any good things that Donald had done in four years. None of you could, but you did not think you had been manipulated into this position.

So are you happy with your win, or still blinded by predudice. 6th January Farce, Afganistan Debackle, Thousands coming over the Border un restricted plus tonnes of drugs. Parents being branded as terrorists, Justice depending on your Politics, Corrupt FBI, DOJ, Treasury ( if more than 600 dollars passes through your bank account, the bank to inform the IRS a proposal at the moment may go up to 10,000). Hunter Bidens's new career as a painter 500k a pop. His Laptop now confirmed as genuine, but suppressed by the media before the election. A President well worth watching. His town hall last week. He confirmed that some of last years Heros of Covide. First responders should now be sacked for not agreeing to his Manadate to get vaccinated. The list of weaknest s never ending.
Wer wait and watch.

Bob

CliffEdge
Lemon Quarter

Re: Hand of God Part 3

Postby CliffEdge » October 25th, 2021, 11:59 pm

Not really sure what you're on about

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » October 26th, 2021, 12:16 am

taken2often wrote:I got a lot of stick over 1 and 2. In one of them I stated that perhaps America needed to be punished if Donald Lost. At the time I thought that the middle of the road decent American would vote him in to continue the good work. It turned out that half of America had been denied any knowledge of his good works, so it is of no surprise that he failed. A dodgy subject ( 400 million dollars spent by BIG Tech to assist the vote). I challenged the readers here to list any good things that Donald had done in four years. None of you could, but you did not think you had been manipulated into this position.

So are you happy with your win, or still blinded by predudice. 6th January Farce, Afganistan Debackle, Thousands coming over the Border un restricted plus tonnes of drugs. Parents being branded as terrorists, Justice depending on your Politics, Corrupt FBI, DOJ, Treasury ( if more than 600 dollars passes through your bank account, the bank to inform the IRS a proposal at the moment may go up to 10,000). Hunter Bidens's new career as a painter 500k a pop. His Laptop now confirmed as genuine, but suppressed by the media before the election. A President well worth watching. His town hall last week. He confirmed that some of last years Heros of Covide. First responders should now be sacked for not agreeing to his Manadate to get vaccinated. The list of weaknest s never ending.
Wer wait and watch.

Bob

Bob,

I'm sorry but for as much as I'd like to join in I'm not sure what you want to discuss

Would you like to clarify please?

Thank you

AiY

SteMiS
Lemon Quarter

Postby SteMiS » October 26th, 2021, 10:03 am

AsleepInYorkshire wrote:
taken2often wrote:I got a lot of stick over 1 and 2. In one of them I stated that perhaps America needed to be punished if Donald Lost. At the time I thought that the middle of the road decent American would vote him in to continue the good work. It turned out that half of America had been denied any knowledge of his good works, so it is of no surprise that he failed. A dodgy subject ( 400 million dollars spent by BIG Tech to assist the vote). I challenged the readers here to list any good things that Donald had done in four years. None of you could, but you did not think you had been manipulated into this position.

Wer wait and watch.

Bob

Bob,

I'm sorry but for as much as I'd like to join in I'm not sure what you want to discuss

Thank you

AiY

My analysis of his post is

He thought Trump would win but he didn't because big tech suppressed news of his 'achievements'. Now that Biden has won, all sorts of terrible stuff has happened, so is everyone still happy with the result?

My answer is Yes. Although Biden has been a disappointment in some respects, its still a lot better than having Trump in the White House.

Not sure what any of this has to do with The Meaning of Life though...

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » October 26th, 2021, 10:50 am

Wer wait and watch.

Bob

What are you on?

Dod

bluedonkey
Lemon Quarter

Postby bluedonkey » October 26th, 2021, 11:48 am

"Keep drinking the Kool Aid".

I recently watched some reporting from the Des Moines Trump rally. The extent to which some followers have disappeared down conspiracy rabbit holes is mind-boggling: the withdrawal from Afghanistan was faked; Trump is actually still running the show; the CIA and FBI arranged the fake election results. It is necessary to be able to keep completely contradictory beliefs in your head simultaneously. And there were images of Trump on a velociraptor. Yes, that's right, Trump on a velociraptor.

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » October 26th, 2021, 11:59 am

AsleepInYorkshire wrote:

Wer wait and watch.

Bob

Bob,

Thank you

AiY

I have no interest in this thread but
guess it would have helped if the OP has posted the links
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=26712&hilit=hand+of+god
and
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=27859&p=386785&hilit=hand+of+god#p386785

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » October 26th, 2021, 12:13 pm

bluedonkey wrote:And there were images of Trump on a velociraptor. Yes, that's right, Trump on a velociraptor.

OMG, he's right. And it's on a five foot long flag, too. "Make the Liberals Cry" https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 73339.html .

Although, in fairness, the original rider was Ronald Reagan https://news.artnet.com/art-world/jason-heuser-1502221 . I also rather like the one of a rootin' tootin' George W Bush riding a flying shark. ;)

Somehow I think the Trumpies might be missing the artist's ironic intentions? But then, they're probably missing the Meaning of Life as well......

(Edit: Which, as I recall, was something to do with visiting aliens, wasn't it T2O?)

BJ

bluedonkey
Lemon Quarter

Postby bluedonkey » October 26th, 2021, 1:09 pm

This was the reporting I saw:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eML-Ty9 ... hannel=CNN

No doubt it's MSM fake news, etc.

taken2often
Lemon Slice

Postby taken2often » October 26th, 2021, 11:08 pm

Asleep and Cliffedge
Thanks for your response. This post is sort of about morality and truth. You realy need to read the two previous posts plus the responses. If you do not have the time for this. Then this was the starting point. Before Trump declared his intention to stand a number of US Religious groups were told by some sort of Prophets that a Sinner would appear to save America. Someone who fitted the bill to a T appeared and won. Now you know what happens to saviours.

So for over four years we have seen the illogical hatred of someone. In this case Trump. So as in all religions if you want to believe the tale, true or false you are a believer and will follow the Mob.

SteMis A wee bit disappointed in Biden. You have seen nothing yet. If ever an unsuitable person was Bumped into a job. This is Classic

Dod A good dose of satisfaction. The Liberals are abandoning Biden at high speed. Even some decent Democrats are having Voter Remorse.

As an aside The Arizona Audit final report is worth watching. What was reported in the main media was that Biden gained an additional few hundred votes. No problem I would have been surprised if otherwise. The machine and the votes had to nearly balance. No mention of all the other big problems uncovered and massive new laws will be required to make the vote safe. Also that a large number of other States will be reviewing their voting process. How could thousands of files be deleted the day before handing the Data over to the Auditors, one of many strange occurences.

See not a word about any of this. Morality and Truth is shot to hell in the US and they are being punished by inflation caused by stupidity.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » October 27th, 2021, 3:57 pm

taken2often wrote:Asleep and Cliffedge
Thanks for your response. This post is sort of about morality and truth.

Whose "morality", whose "truth"? And what, if anything, is its relationship to reality?

taken2often wrote:Before Trump declared his intention to stand a number of US Religious groups were told by some sort of Prophets that a Sinner would appear to save America. Someone who fitted the bill to a T appeared and won. Now you know what happens to saviours.

Yes? But who is to say that wasn't Biden? Presumably his job being to "save America" from Trump...

taken2often wrote:So as in all religions if you want to believe the tale, true or false you are a believer and will follow the Mob.

Yeah. That seems to be a pretty fair description of Trump and the current Republican Party.

taken2often wrote:SteMis A wee bit disappointed in Biden. You have seen nothing yet. If ever an unsuitable person was Bumped into a job.

"If ever an unsuitable person was Bumped into a job." - I give you Donald J. Trump!

taken2often wrote:As an aside The Arizona Audit final report is worth watching. What was reported in the main media was that Biden gained an additional few hundred votes. No problem I would have been surprised if otherwise.

Sure you did! Classic conspiracy theory thinking - even the counter evidence 'proves' the theory. :)

taken2often wrote:Morality and Truth is shot to hell in the US and they are being punished by inflation caused by stupidity.

Divine retribution?

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » October 27th, 2021, 7:32 pm

BTW taken2often, I would recommend that you read this article published in The Bulwark: viewtopic.php?p=453696#p453696

taken2often
Lemon Slice

Postby taken2often » October 28th, 2021, 11:43 pm

Xfool thanks for your response. You have your bias and I have mine. My Morality and Truth and yours. Thats how wars start.

So you are conceding that Biden is a greater Sinner than Trump. I can go with that, but he is showing no sign of saving only distruction.

I have no idea if the punishment is Devine. If you are a believer then God must have created all these really stupid Lefties who are ruining the country

Mob on both sides. This time round it is the left who are Arsonists, Looters and Real Rioters. The hardcore BLM and Antifa groups have caused massive amounts of damage to mainly black communities. Very helpful.

Lets test your bias. Name 5 good things Trump did over 4 years.

I read your suggested article a nice bit of fact and fiction. The theme Right is bad Left is good. Thing is if write anything bad about the Right or Trump you get published and paid. Write something good you will not get published and even if you did you get vilfied by the likes of you.

You may be a bit out of date with some of the stories. The FBI have contaminated the Govenor story by paying one of the supposed instigators to organise the group. Emails and FOI confirming this. The Jan 6 also appears to be falling apart, video just released of Capital Police opening doors for the tourists to enter the building. It also showed an officer getting a communication and passing it on to two others to turn and walk away from the crowd who were standing peacfully outside and let them in. You may not have heard that a Judge has held two senior Prision Officials in Contemp this relates to them denying a Jan 6 prisoner medical treatment for months and not supplying the courts with information about this.

America is becoming a laughing stock. Russia and China are now stating that their people have more freedom.

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » October 29th, 2021, 12:22 am

taken2often wrote:Xfool thanks for your response. You have your bias and I have mine. My Morality and Truth and yours. Thats how wars start.

So you are conceding that Biden is a greater Sinner than Trump. I can go with that, but he is showing no sign of saving only distruction.

I have no idea if the punishment is Devine. If you are a believer then God must have created all these really stupid Lefties who are ruining the country

Mob on both sides. This time round it is the left who are Arsonists, Looters and Real Rioters. The hardcore BLM and Antifa groups have caused massive amounts of damage to mainly black communities. Very helpful.

Lets test your bias. Name 5 good things Trump did over 4 years.

I read your suggested article a nice bit of fact and fiction. The theme Right is bad Left is good. Thing is if write anything bad about the Right or Trump you get published and paid. Write something good you will not get published and even if you did you get vilfied by the likes of you.

You may be a bit out of date with some of the stories. The FBI have contaminated the Govenor story by paying one of the supposed instigators to organise the group. Emails and FOI confirming this. The Jan 6 also appears to be falling apart, video just released of Capital Police opening doors for the tourists to enter the building. It also showed an officer getting a communication and passing it on to two others to turn and walk away from the crowd who were standing peacfully outside and let them in. You may not have heard that a Judge has held two senior Prision Officials in Contemp this relates to them denying a Jan 6 prisoner medical treatment for months and not supplying the courts with information about this.

America is becoming a laughing stock. Russia and China are now stating that their people have more freedom.

Would you mind if I suggest you're talking riddles? It's not plain English. It's a shame you don't want my opinion, but if you continue to flit between subjects and we the audience you want to talk too or with feel like your arguments are akin to pinning jelly to a wall, can you tell me what you want to achieve please. Because, genuinely I don't have a clue. I wish I did. What do you want to discuss? Or would you prefer to score points? Where do you want this discussion to go? Is it a discussion?

Thank you

Take care

AiY

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » October 29th, 2021, 10:12 am

taken2often wrote:Xfool thanks for your response. You have your bias and I have mine. My Morality and Truth and yours. Thats how wars start.

Then you have misunderstood my point! I simply asked: "How do believers know Trump was the 'sinner' of the prophecy, rather than Biden?"
I'm not a believer, so you cannot conclude anything of what I think of Biden from my question.

taken2often wrote:I have no idea if the punishment is Devine. If you are a believer then God must have created all these really stupid Lefties who are ruining the country

I wonder why He would have done that? Presumably "stupid Lefties" must have some divine purpose? :)

taken2often wrote:I read your suggested article a nice bit of fact and fiction. The theme Right is bad Left is good.

You do realise The Bulwark is a publication by supporters of the (former) Republican Party? So if they are now "stupid Lefties", we really are in trouble. And I must be a radical, Communist (Maoist) revolutionary. :o

Their interest is in the continuation of democratic politics in the USA. Not that radical an idea I would have thought? In fact, I think it would be a good idea too. Unfortunately, some in the USA (Trump et al) seem hellbent on subverting it. Perhaps you have not yet noticed? Or think it a good idea?

taken2often wrote:The Jan 6 also appears to be falling apart, video just released of Capital Police opening doors for the tourists to enter the building.

Like your radical (re)definition of the word "tourist"! Did you seen the recent documentary on BBC 2? - America: Storming the Capitol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000rlwl/america-storming-the-capitol

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » October 29th, 2021, 10:31 am

XFool wrote:
taken2often wrote:I read your suggested article a nice bit of fact and fiction. The theme Right is bad Left is good.

You do realise The Bulwark is a publication by supporters of the (former) Republican Party? So if they are now "stupid Lefties", we really are in trouble. And I must be a radical, Communist (Maoist) revolutionary. :o

Their interest is in the continuation of democratic politics in the USA. Not that radical an idea I would have thought? In fact, I think it would be a good idea too. Unfortunately, some in the USA (Trump et al) seem hellbent on subverting it. Perhaps you have not yet noticed? Or think it a good idea?

Likely I had in mind this article from The Bulwark, which I also recommend to you: viewtopic.php?p=453696#p453696

An Open Letter in Defense of Democracy

taken2often
Lemon Slice

Postby taken2often » October 29th, 2021, 1:17 pm

Asleep

You are quite right it does look disjointed as I try to respond to Xfool. The main point being that the Left do not need a discussion. They are right and if you disagree you are not only wrong you are the enemy and need to be destroyed. That is the current position in the US. The Never Trumpers and the Democrats are as one to fight a Populist movement. They are well funded to protect a very corrupt political system, which is fully supported by the Main Media. I have read of studies showing that 94% of media stories relating to Trump are negative. This to ensure that not one good thing he did could be reported Keeping half of America in the dark, and it worked.

I have been watching this happen for over 4 years and what I see is morality and truth shot to hell. What was good is now bad. What was bad is now good. The truth about many of the false claims and events are now coming out, but ignored acceptable. Arson, Looting and rioting not a problem lets defund the Police. Accept millions of dollars from China, Russia, Ukrain and others not a problem (Hunters Laptop). The list is endless

I think they are heading for another revolution if the Democrats continue

Bob

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Postby GoSeigen » October 29th, 2021, 1:23 pm

taken2often wrote:Asleep

You are quite right it does look disjointed as I try to respond to Xfool. The main point being that the Left do not need a discussion. They are right and if you disagree you are not only wrong you are the enemy and need to be destroyed. That is the current position in the US. The Never Trumpers and the Democrats are as one to fight a Populist movement. They are well funded to protect a very corrupt political system, which is fully supported by the Main Media. I have read of studies showing that 94% of media stories relating to Trump are negative. This to ensure that not one good thing he did could be reported Keeping half of America in the dark, and it worked.

I have been watching this happen for over 4 years and what I see is morality and truth shot to hell. What was good is now bad. What was bad is now good. The truth about many of the false claims and events are now coming out, but ignored acceptable. Arson, Looting and rioting not a problem lets defund the Police. Accept millions of dollars from China, Russia, Ukrain and others not a problem (Hunters Laptop). The list is endless

Bob

This seems to be a bot account.

GS

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » October 29th, 2021, 2:05 pm

taken2often wrote:I have read of studies showing that 94% of media stories relating to Trump are negative.

There might, of course, be some good reasons for that. ;)

taken2often wrote:I have been watching this happen for over 4 years and what I see is morality and truth shot to hell.

Interesting! I see that too. Are you seriously trying to persuade us that Trump and the current Republican Party are exemplars of "morality and truth"?

taken2often wrote:What was good is now bad. What was bad is now good.

It does seem that way...

If only the Republican Party reverted to being an ordinary political party, rather than increasingly act like a religious cult who worship a 'messiah'.

doolally
Lemon Slice

Postby doolally » October 29th, 2021, 4:25 pm

taken2often wrote:Asleep

Bob

From what I can see, morality and truth have certainly gone downhill over the past 4-5 years, and that is totally down to Trump. Media stories about him may be faked, but his tweets appear to be real, and I see his interviews and statements on TV (words directly from his own mouth) and he comes across as a pompous idiot with not a jot of class and decorum. He may have done some good things, but we are all blinded to them (if they exist) by his incomprehensible rantings and ravings

doolally

Return to “The Meaning of Life”