Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Mormon Tabernacle Choir member resigns....

Religion and Philosophy
Forum rules
we are introducing this on a trial basis and that respect for other's views is important e.g. phrases like "your imaginary friend" or "you will go to hell" are not appropriate
RowdyReptile
Lemon Slice

Mormon Tabernacle Choir member resigns....

Postby RowdyReptile » January 19th, 2017, 2:33 am

...about having to sing at Trump's inauguration.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/30/politics/ ... uguration/

<i>Chamberlin said she has concerns about the choir's reputation after performing at the inauguration.</i>

Now, the MOTAB has performed for six Presidents in the past for their inauguration....Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, and Bush one and Bush two.

I can understand a brother or sister not wanting to sing for Trump, but "resign"?! No contract there, and you aren't getting paid anyway.

I do give this person credit in hyperbole....

"Looking from the outside in, it will appear that Choir is endorsing tyranny and fascism by singing for this man," she wrote.
"Tyranny is now on our doorstep; it has been sneaking its way into our lives through stealth. Now it will burst into our homes through storm," Chamberlin added.

Latter Day Saints are an eclectic bunch.

Anyway, it could be epic. Apparently those that want to sing will be singing "America The Beautiful", which is sure to upset people.

I do hope and pray those that want violence won't kill us because they did not get their way in the election.

It will be epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25tGvL4Xy2M

I can see why Trump would do this. It will piss off the American left something fierce.

RR

Return to “The Meaning of Life”