Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

The Hand of God

Religion and Philosophy
Forum rules
we are introducing this on a trial basis and that respect for other's views is important e.g. phrases like "your imaginary friend" or "you will go to hell" are not appropriate
bluedonkey
Lemon Quarter

Re: The Hand of God

Postby bluedonkey » January 7th, 2021, 12:51 pm

ursaminortaur wrote:Taken2often now seems to have his answer as to whether God would intervene as Congress have certified that Biden will now be president from the 20th.

See

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mJF08RbdZc&feature=emb_rel_end

in particular from 1hr 14 minutes onwards.

Something tells me that this answer may not be acceptable.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » January 7th, 2021, 2:07 pm

taken2often wrote:Well that certainly brought out some better informed comments. But still no one is addressing the problem, was there substantial fraud or not.

False. It has been addressed repeatedly. In short: There was no substantial fraud. And zero evidence that there was.

What there has been - with all the evidence in the world - is months of propaganda by Trump, before the election that the vote was going to be corrupt and, since the election, that it was stolen from him. The gullible have been taken in by this propaganda. Just as they were over Obama, by Trump and his "birther" propaganda campaign.

taken2often wrote:Millions think there was, as I do.

"Millions" think all kinds of weird things! Millions(?) believe the pandemic is a hoax; millions think 9/11 was an inside job; millions think the lunar landings never happened.

taken2often wrote:This is not a good position for any country to be in.

Agreed.

taken2often wrote:This has caused the disruption in DC. What caused it none of the six disputed states are allowing a forensic audit, which would settle the question.

False. What caused it is the Cult of Trump, encouraged by Trump himself.

taken2often wrote:None of the courts have heard any of the serious allegations. They left it to Congress. So without the audit this protest may just be the start of massive protest. It is a well known fact that all elections in the US has some form of fraud and it would not normally effect the result. But if you inject more than half a million dollars into the mix you will get some adverse results. Which you all want to ignore.

"forensic audit"? Don't make us laugh! We (not you) all know what would happen if a "forensic audit" found no evidence of substantial fraud. It would be immediately declared by Trump to be a "Fake audit" and believed as such by members of the cult. i.e. Nothing would have changed.

taken2often wrote:For the technical a group of mathematicians called The Data Integrity Group gave evidence at the Georgian Senate investigation. Three of them stated that after many hours of studying published data, they had found massive anomalies that could not be explained. They stated that they have published their workings to see if anyone else can explain them. They have also asked the SOS and Governor's of the six states for explanations. Still waiting, but so far no one has disputed there findings. They say they do not care who wins only that the election is fair.

Yeah? And who exactly are they? As usual, you give us not the slightest reference: nothing but more verbiage.

taken2often wrote:One example was that in one area the number of Postal Ballots as a percentage of the votes needing adjudication was so great that it was not physically possible to do so and pass through the machine in the time that they processed them. The group also did an interview explaining their findings on a site called EPOCH TIMES.

Well, it looks like these people:

Election integrity group sues Fulton County, Georgia under new constitutional amendment

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/election-integrity-group-sues-fulton-county-georgia-under-new-constitutional-amendment-301200229.html
Group claims county illegally using private funds to influence run-off elections

"AMHERST, Va., Jan. 4, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The Amistad Project of the non-partisan Thomas More Society, an election integrity watchdog group, has filed litigation challenging Fulton County's use of private monies to conduct election operations in both the 2020 general election and the January 5 Senate runoff elections."

"The Amistad Project" and "The Thomas More Society"? We've been here before, haven't we?

You also mention the "EPOCH TIMES". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times

I wonder why this group could not present there data somewhere more 'conventional'? Ah, I know. "Everybody is against us..."

taken2often wrote:Now I know you all have closed minds and do not even want to consider any possibility of Fraud and any way if there was that's OK to get Trump out.

Speaking of "closed minds" and not wanting to "consider any possibility"... :)

Anyway, it appears that now, finally, God may have shown his hand.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » January 7th, 2021, 2:44 pm

XFool wrote:Anyway, it appears that now, finally, God may have shown his hand.

God will have shown his hand when Trump and his lieutenants have been teleported to some neutral location where they can wait until their cases have been properly considered. Apparently Guantanamo Bay has some spare capacity. ;)

BJ

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » January 7th, 2021, 4:12 pm

I see now the story in the Trump Cult is that it was a "Fake demo", as they are accusing the invading members of the Trump inspired demo as being "Left wing plants".

Perhaps there should be a "forensic audit" into this latest 'evidence' of 'Left wing criminality'? :)

The delusion and denial continues...

bluedonkey
Lemon Quarter

Postby bluedonkey » January 7th, 2021, 4:15 pm

XFool wrote:I see now the story in the Trump Cult is that it was a "Fake demo", as they are accusing the invading members of the Trump inspired demo as being "Left wing plants".

Perhaps there should be a "forensic audit" into this latest 'evidence' of 'Left wing criminality'? :)

The delusion and denial continues...

The capacity for wilful delusion used to be a harmless eccentricity. No longer.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » January 7th, 2021, 4:38 pm

XFool wrote:I see now the story in the Trump Cult is that it was a "Fake demo", as they are accusing the invading members of the Trump inspired demo as being "Left wing plants".

The BBC has a list of known individuals who were there, including the "QAnon shaman" Jake Angeli (he's the nlue-painted one in the cowhorn headgear), and a prominent white supremacist from Alaska called Richard Barnett (the one who invaded Nancy Pelosi's office), and a whole bunch of prominent Proud Boys. Left wing plants, I don't think so. :|

More at https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/07/the-mob- ... -13862407/ . Maybe they'd have been harder to identify if they'd been wearing covid masks?

BJ

taken2often
Lemon Slice

Postby taken2often » January 7th, 2021, 5:52 pm

It is true God has Failed, as he has done many times. We now see evil is more powerful than good. As a non believer wishful thinking has been overcome by evil. That has been the core of this Post. None of you want to hear the evidence. None of you wish to believe any evidence. None of you wish the evidence to be true. None of you have denied the facts because you have closed your minds and are unable and unwilling to examine the evidence. Me all I want is for you to prove me right or prove me wrong none have you done that. All i got was the exact opposite. Not one of you has had any support for anything Trump has done and that is what condemns you.

We now have to leave it to history to see what happens. My main concern is how it will effect the markets in the long term. Open Borders, Creating a national health service, Doing away with 180 million peoples private health insurance. Closing energy independence , De-fund the Police. Health care for all including all the illegal immigrants who come across the border from now on.

Yes I did have a personal hope that God would intervene for my financial benefit. We do love to grasp at straws.

I think we should close this down now. Corruption wins I lose.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » January 7th, 2021, 6:11 pm

taken2often wrote:We now have to leave it to history to see what happens. My main concern is how it will effect the markets in the long term. Open Borders, Creating a national health service, Doing away with 180 million peoples private health insurance. Closing energy independence , De-fund the Police. Health care for all including all the illegal immigrants who come across the border from now on.

Well, that's a fine little list of dead certainties about Biden's policy agenda that came straight from planet Zog. Or from a little green martian in a flying saucer with QAnon on the side. Didn't come from anything that the sane contingent have published, that's for sure. (Though the last one doesn't seem impossible.) Care to share the source of these lies dubious rumours? No, I thought not.
Yes I did have a personal hope that God would intervene for my financial benefit. We do love to grasp at straws.

Sorry, God doesn't do your personal financial benefit. Rich man, eye of the camel and all that. Sorry you had to find out about it this way.
I think we should close this down now. Corruption wins I lose.

I think we'll close it when we're ready. ;)

BJ

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » January 7th, 2021, 6:47 pm

taken2often wrote:It is true God has Failed, as he has done many times. We now see evil is more powerful than good. As a non believer wishful thinking has been overcome by evil.

False. In this matter, it is "wishful thinking" that has led to evil.

taken2often wrote:That has been the core of this Post. None of you want to hear the evidence.

False again. We do hear "the evidence", it is all around! It is YOU who does not want to "hear the evidence". THAT is "the core" of your posts.

You haven't once even managed to provide us with a single reference to your "evidence", it has all been belief & verbiage. How very like Trump!

taken2often wrote:None of you wish to believe any evidence. None of you wish the evidence to be true. None of you have denied the facts because you have closed your minds and are unable and unwilling to examine the evidence. Me all I want is for you to prove me right or prove me wrong none have you done that.

Just like Trump, you cannot be proved "wrong". As with all conspiracy thinking, the more the lack of evidence or even evidence against the conspiracy, the more it is believed.

taken2often wrote:Yes I did have a personal hope that God would intervene for my financial benefit.

Fantastic! So is this what this has been about, all along? Why on earth should/would God intervene for your financial benefit?

I may be an atheist, but even I can now see your ideas about God and religion are naive and simplistic.

taken2often wrote:I think we should close this down now.

Sounds a good idea, before we get to hear any more of your notions.

taken2often
Lemon Slice

Postby taken2often » January 9th, 2021, 1:10 am

so much for stopping it. See no sense of humor either. If you had watched the debates and the actions over four years all the points mentioned were included. On Fracking he was going to close it down on day one. Then on the last debate he stated he would close Fracking. What do you thing the opposition to the Wall was all about.. At the Primaries they all stated that there would be free health care for all, even those who just crossed the border illegally. Spent the hours watching all this. I do not keep references for you to find. If you were interested you would go and look. They also said that they would not raise tax on those not earning under 400k. Then they go on to state they are going to remove Trumps tax reductions. The far left have a whole range of actions they want so that ma be the next big internal battle.

As to the evidence that may still come out as the State Legislatures are really miffed that the SOs and Governors have abused their powers and the have been looking at the evidence. To late for Trump, but we may have a seriously damaged Biden and Democrat party

Then we have the legality of the Zuggerberg half Billion. The audit trail for that may be interesting.. Any way happy to give some thing to moan about and I will try give sites addresses, but it wont change a closed mind. Tell me one good thing Trump did during his four yours,

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » January 9th, 2021, 2:06 am

If any of this has anything to do with The Meaning of Life I would be surprised. Can this not be closed down?

Dod

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Postby GoSeigen » January 9th, 2021, 8:35 am

taken2often wrote:I do not keep references for you to find. If you were interested you would go and look.

Honestly stop being such a pratt. You were the person interested enough to start this dumb thread. So you are the one who might have the courtesy to post links to your sources and so-called evidence. However, as many have pointed out, you have not posted a single link. Is this because you lack the nous to do so? Or is it because you are trolling?

For the record I'm not the slightest bit interested in your incoherent, unhinged ramblings. I am interested in the many sane and amusing rebuttals that have been posted that make the thread somewhat readable.

GS

ursaminortaur
Lemon Half

Postby ursaminortaur » January 9th, 2021, 12:26 pm

taken2often wrote:so much for stopping it. See no sense of humor either. If you had watched the debates and the actions over four years all the points mentioned were included. On Fracking he was going to close it down on day one. Then on the last debate he stated he would close Fracking. What do you thing the opposition to the Wall was all about.. At the Primaries they all stated that there would be free health care for all, even those who just crossed the border illegally. Spent the hours watching all this. I do not keep references for you to find. If you were interested you would go and look. They also said that they would not raise tax on those not earning under 400k. Then they go on to state they are going to remove Trumps tax reductions. The far left have a whole range of actions they want so that ma be the next big internal battle.

As to the evidence that may still come out as the State Legislatures are really miffed that the SOs and Governors have abused their powers and the have been looking at the evidence. To late for Trump, but we may have a seriously damaged Biden and Democrat party

Do you mean the Republican Governors in states like Arizona and Georgia ?

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » January 9th, 2021, 1:36 pm

As he is still here, out of simple interest, I have a couple of questions for taken2often. (Of course he may not want to answer them.)

1. Did you believe the 'Obama is not a legitimate American' story?

2. Do you support the invasion of the Capitol building?

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » January 9th, 2021, 2:19 pm

XFool wrote:2. Do you support the invasion of the Capitol building?

Funny you should ask that. Today's FT has a feature about how every large-corporation CEO in America who supported Trump financially is now running around in terror at the prospect of having his shares blacklisted by ethical investors and pension funds. :shock:

And the National Association of Manufacturers, which gave more than 70% of its 2020 campaign contributions to the Republicans, is now lobbying Mike Pence to get on with the 25th Amendment proceedings before its members find themselves ejected from the ethical listings.

For those with FT subscriptions, it's at https://www.ft.com/content/93de7842-d76 ... 65ae99bb6b. It might be free to everybody this weekend, though. Worth a try, anyway. And certainly worth it for the hollow laugh. As one commenter says, you've had the tax breaks, guys, so now you need to own the consequences....

BJ

ursaminortaur
Lemon Half

Postby ursaminortaur » January 9th, 2021, 2:54 pm

bungeejumper wrote:
XFool wrote:2. Do you support the invasion of the Capitol building?

Funny you should ask that. Today's FT has a feature about how every large-corporation CEO in America who supported Trump financially is now running around in terror at the prospect of having his shares blacklisted by ethical investors and pension funds. :shock:

And the National Association of Manufacturers, which gave more than 70% of its 2020 campaign contributions to the Republicans, is now lobbying Mike Pence to get on with the 25th Amendment proceedings before its members find themselves ejected from the ethical listings.

For those with FT subscriptions, it's at https://www.ft.com/content/93de7842-d76 ... 65ae99bb6b. It might be free to everybody this weekend, though. Worth a try, anyway. And certainly worth it for the hollow laugh. As one commenter says, you've had the tax breaks, guys, so now you need to own the consequences....

BJ

You can access FT articles without subscribing by searching for the title and then clicking on the link ie in this case google for

US business leaders rue their ‘Faustian bargain’ with Trump

taken2often
Lemon Slice

Postby taken2often » January 9th, 2021, 11:10 pm

Obama was the real deal. Voted in twice by a large number of white voters, So much for wide spread racism. He is certainly a great orator. But all talk and little action. The great hope for the Blacks, but did nothing for them, promoted Globalisation that cost thousands of American jobs. A great disappointment. By the By for someone dead keen on climate change. He bought, during the year a 14 million dollar home on the coast.

As to the Capital debacle. The majority good people protesting against the injustice that you seem to support, no proper investigation of the evidence you deny exists. The usual happens. The most militant and unhinged come out of the woodwork to disrupt and commit crimes. Damage to the building the the thefts no one could condone such action. Of course ANTIFA destroying buildings, setting them on fire and Looting that's ok, according to the media peaceful protest.

Meaning of Life. What it tells me is the corruption in the US is very deep that is why DC is know as the Swamp. The media and the Left are so mean and vicious. Just read what was quoted in one reply Companies, running in terror for supporting Trump. Just think about that. Land of the Brave, no sign of that this week. One journalist referred to the Cleansing of Trump Supporters, sounds familiar. You do not need any references or sites from me, that you would not believe anyway Just read and listen to the News.

As far as I know all six of the disputed states Legislators are carrying out investigations and may remove the Delegated Powers back to themselves and then fix the voting system. Whit still no word about Mark Zuccerberg and others inserting over half a Billion Dollars into the voting systems and laws.
OK a wee bit of corruption is ok if it gets Trump out. You all agree to that. You have been told on the best of authority. The Media no evidence. Courts have thrown out the cases all is well.

I noticed that know one can rise to the challenge. Name some good things that Trump has done over the four Years, Difficult if you have been conditioned by defective media.

Any way I am just as bad replying, no one appears to dispute most of my statements, just keep asking for sites. The implication that I lie could offend me, but I am charitable and know that you just lack something.

I need to stop. Now that I have got you fired up. I intend to start a new post.See you soon

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » January 10th, 2021, 11:48 am

taken2often wrote:Obama was the real deal. Voted in twice by a large number of white voters, So much for wide spread racism. He is certainly a great orator. But all talk and little action. The great hope for the Blacks, but did nothing for them, promoted Globalisation that cost thousands of American jobs. A great disappointment. By the By for someone dead keen on climate change. He bought, during the year a 14 million dollar home on the coast.

Still on about "the Blacks", then? ;)

And why wouldn't Obama buy a $14 million home? He's a millionaire lawyer, isn't he? Worth very slightly more than George W Bush. And I'd guess that he'll need a top-security residence for as long as there are violent idiots like Trump's brownshirts on the loose.

And what's all that got to do with climate change anyway? Do tell.
I need to stop. Now that I have got you fired up. I intend to start a new post. See you soon

Not on this board. Not unless you mean to say something properly related to religion or philosophy. For once.

BJ

ChrisNix
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChrisNix » January 11th, 2021, 7:21 pm

XFool wrote:
taken2often wrote:Well that certainly brought out some better informed comments. But still no one is addressing the problem, was there substantial fraud or not.
False. It has been addressed repeatedly. In short: There was no substantial fraud. And zero evidence that there was.

Weird thread.

I have an open mind on fraud.

What is clear is that the evidence of fraud is flimsy at best.

Doesn't prove there wasn't any.

If there was, it will come out in due course, but that could be many years,

Water under bridge as Biden IS becoming President.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » January 12th, 2021, 11:40 pm

The American Abyss

The New York Times Magazine

A historian of fascism and political atrocity on Trump, the mob and what comes next.
By Timothy Snyder

Return to “The Meaning of Life”