Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

natural cataract treatment

Fitness tips, Relaxation, Mind and Body
robert

natural cataract treatment

Postby robert » July 18th, 2018, 1:19 am

i read that cataract can be removed by castor oil? do you know someone that did the test?

Pipsmum
Lemon Slice

Re: natural cataract treatment

Postby Pipsmum » July 18th, 2018, 8:39 am

I've read that it helps with eye irritation caused by cataracts but it won't get rid of them.

I'd be interested myself as my mother has cataracts, one operated on recently and one due for removal.

supremetwo
Lemon Quarter

Postby supremetwo » July 18th, 2018, 12:03 pm

robert wrote:i read that cataract can be removed by castor oil? do you know someone that did the test?

Said to need expensive "ultra-pure" oil and people promoting are likely to have a vested interest because of the large profits that can be made.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cataracts/
Surgery is the only treatment that's proven to be effective for cataracts.

And nowadays, that surgery is far less invasive with ultrasound and suction-removal of the cataract lens and folded-lens insertion for its replacement. The prior laser map of your eyes for the parameters of your new lenses gets those lenses precise for your vision.

Pipsmum
Lemon Slice

Postby Pipsmum » July 23rd, 2018, 3:17 pm

The hospital were uber efficient and the ladies and gentlemen who came in our morning group were in and out so fast. Excepting my mum who needed a general anaesthetic in the end as she couldn't keep still enough with her parkinsons. The recovery was fast and painless with two sorts of drops. One antibiotic and one other, four times daily for two weeks then dropping the antibiotic and the remaining one twice daily for two more weeks. Apparently the eye drops are just as important as the op.

We met some of the group in subsequent follow ups and they all said their eyesight was much improved. Clever docs these days.

robert

Postby robert » July 23rd, 2018, 4:30 pm

my mother is using castor oil since 3 or 4 days.
She noticed that the vision improved seconds after the first drop.

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » July 23rd, 2018, 4:45 pm

robert wrote:my mother is using castor oil since 3 or 4 days. She noticed that the vision improved seconds after the first drop.

A cataract is well inside the eye so it seems inconceivable that dropping any liquid on the cornea would improve acuity. Is she reporting only a very temporary improvement? A few possible explanations:

1) Placebo effect
2) The liquid sits on the surface of the cornea causing a change in refraction, for a while anyway
3) The fluid creates a pinhole effect

Anyway, loss of acuity due to a cataract is not a refractive error but rather opacity in the ciliary lens. It seems illogical that that can be fixed with anything other than removal and replacement of the interocular lens itself.

robert

Postby robert » July 23rd, 2018, 5:13 pm

she is still satisfied. I can't say that it cures cataracts, but i can say she is very satisfied. She has cataracts and macular degeneration , 83 years. The doctor said she has only 10% vision.

Return to “Health & Wellbeing”