Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Coronavirus Health - Health and Wellbeing

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: Coronavirus Health - Health and Wellbeing

Postby Dod101 » September 21st, 2020, 1:17 am

feder1 wrote:Covid sufferers seem much less likely to be full time spectacle wearers:

Various articles in newspapers about a Chinese study of almost 300 patients seem to indicate that 5 x more patients are not full time spec wearers.

The eyes can be a source of virus entry and maybe specs are something of a barrier.

If that is true I am OK then, but I am less than convinced.

Dod

Mike4
Lemon Half

Postby Mike4 » September 21st, 2020, 9:48 am

Dod101 wrote:
feder1 wrote:Covid sufferers seem much less likely to be full time spectacle wearers:

Various articles in newspapers about a Chinese study of almost 300 patients seem to indicate that 5 x more patients are not full time spec wearers.

The eyes can be a source of virus entry and maybe specs are something of a barrier.

If that is true I am OK then, but I am less than convinced.

Dod

Not convinced about what? That the Chinese study exists at all?

Or are you sceptical that it the data it found are a fluke and more studies will show there is no difference in the disease rate between spectacle wearers and non-wearers?

Or are you doubting that the reason for the spectacle wearers in the study having a lower disease rate is entry of the virus through the eyes, and it happens for some other reason?

Just curious.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » September 21st, 2020, 10:42 am

That wearing spectacles really helps with defence against the coronavirus. I am a spectacle wearer from my youth so if that is correct that can only be good news. There are though so many myths and comments about it that I will take this happy news with a pinch of salt.

Dod

look
2 Lemon pips

Postby look » September 21st, 2020, 7:34 pm

the doctors like itus because it gives money.

Mike4
Lemon Half

Postby Mike4 » September 21st, 2020, 8:00 pm

Dod101 wrote:That wearing spectacles really helps with defence against the coronavirus. I am a spectacle wearer from my youth so if that is correct that can only be good news. There are though so many myths and comments about it that I will take this happy news with a pinch of salt.

Dod

Well I'm surprised at you confusing a correlation (fewer spectacle wearers getting COVID-19 than non-wearers) with 'cause and effect' (wearing spectacles stops COVID-19).

Many lung cancer victims carried a cigarette lighter with them which is a correlation. But as we all now know, it isn't carrying the lighter that causes the lung cancer.

look
2 Lemon pips

Postby look » September 22nd, 2020, 6:02 am

oh, what a [expletive deleted], coronavirus is returning in europe.
nobody fights against the white mafia.
problems in spain, and it seems ivermectin is not used there.
we need liberty to buy medicines without need to go to doctors.

the world is a bad place, a sad place, a terrible place to live.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » September 22nd, 2020, 6:26 am

Amidst all the fuss about the Science briefing yesterday, where Whitty and Vallance were projecting worst-case scenarios for the UK if no tightening of protocols were to occur, it might have been missed that Sir Patrick Vallance also delivered a very positive-sounding update regarding vaccine progress -

"I'm pleased to say there is good progress that has been made. Many vaccines have now shown they generate an immune response of a type that ought to be protective, and several vaccines are in very late stage clinical testing, aiming to show they are both effective and safe."

"The UK, through the vaccines taskforce, has got access to a number of these, with a range of different vaccine technologies from a number of different companies."

"The UK has put itself in a good position in terms of vaccine supply, and the possibility that one of these will work."

"We don't yet know that they will work, but there is increasing evidence that it is pointing in the right direction, and it is possible that some vaccines could be available before the end of the year in small amounts for certain groups; much more likely is that we will see vaccines becoming available over the first half of next year."

"Again, this is not certain, but it's pointing in the right direction, which then gives the possibility of a different approach to this virus."

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/18736994.will-coronavirus-vaccine-available/

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » September 22nd, 2020, 10:32 am

look wrote:oh, what a Manure, coronavirus is returning in europe.

That'll be the ivermectin that's only ever been licensed in Europe for its intended use as an anti-parasite measure? The ivermectin that's being touted in South America as the new hydroxychloroquine?

The ivermectin that's been rubbished by every serious research report outside South America (as far as I can see ;) ). The ivermectin that's being injected into indigenous populations in Latin America, on the assertion that it will protect them against Covid? https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... t-covid-19

It isn't going to get any better while untested, unlicensed drugs are being used. If Bolsonaro is right about how it can save Brazil, I'll await the drop in recorded deaths (137,500 so far) with interest. We'll see.

BJ

look
2 Lemon pips

Postby look » September 22nd, 2020, 4:56 pm

bungeejumper wrote:
look wrote:oh, what a Manure, coronavirus is returning in europe.

That'll be the ivermectin that's only ever been licensed in Europe for its intended use as an anti-parasite measure? The ivermectin that's being touted in South America as the new hydroxychloroquine?

The ivermectin that's been rubbished by every serious research report outside South America (as far as I can see ;) ). The ivermectin that's being injected into indigenous populations in Latin America, on the assertion that it will protect them against Covid? https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... t-covid-19

It isn't going to get any better while untested, unlicensed drugs are being used. If Bolsonaro is right about how it can save Brazil, I'll await the drop in recorded deaths (137,500 so far) with interest. We'll see.

BJ

I was waiting that someone would say what you said in the last lines.
Ivermectin was only liberated in brazil one week ago. Chloroquine and hidroxi chloroquine are not disponible for the public, it's only sold for who has a doctor's receipt. And the doctors generally said no. I ask a doctor and she said no. So, the deaths in brazil don't proof that those medicines are not good, they proof only that the president's blah blah blah doesn't cure and the doctors are useless, their value is ZERO or less, if they doesn't exist, the medicines would be sold free, and then that sickness would diminish, in my opinion.
I don't know is the tests of ivemectin that you refer were reliable. I give ivermectine a crediit because at least one reliable person helped to begin tests.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » September 22nd, 2020, 5:36 pm

look wrote:
bungeejumper wrote:It isn't going to get any better while untested, unlicensed drugs are being used. If Bolsonaro is right about how it can save Brazil, I'll await the drop in recorded deaths (137,500 so far) with interest. We'll see.

I'm glad you didn't wait in vain, then. ;)
And the doctors generally said no. I ask a doctor and she said no. So, the deaths in brazil don't proof that those medicines are not good, they proof only that the president's blah blah blah doesn't cure and the doctors are useless, their value is ZERO or less, if they doesn't exist, the medicines would be sold free, and then that sickness would diminish, in my opinion.

Fascinating. So if the doctors didn't exist, the Covid problem would soon be over?

BJ

look
2 Lemon pips

Postby look » September 22nd, 2020, 10:13 pm

bungeejumper wrote:
look wrote:
bungeejumper wrote:It isn't going to get any better while untested, unlicensed drugs are being used. If Bolsonaro is right about how it can save Brazil, I'll await the drop in recorded deaths (137,500 so far) with interest. We'll see.

And the doctors generally said no. I ask a doctor and she said no. So, the deaths in brazil don't proof that those medicines are not good, they proof only that the president's blah blah blah doesn't cure and the doctors are useless, their value is ZERO or less, if they doesn't exist, the medicines would be sold free, and then that sickness would diminish, in my opinion.

Fascinating. So if the doctors didn't exist, the Covid problem would soon be over?

BJ

Yes.

look
2 Lemon pips

Postby look » September 22nd, 2020, 10:14 pm

one guy think the chinese are moving a bio war.

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » September 23rd, 2020, 12:40 am

look wrote:
bungeejumper wrote:
look wrote:I was waiting that someone would say what you said in the last lines.

So if the doctors didn't exist, the Covid problem would soon be over?

Yes.

I guess that's an interesting spin on "if you don't test you can't find cases"?
- with a good layer of antibiotic-resistant bacteria on top ;)

- sd

look
2 Lemon pips

Postby look » September 23rd, 2020, 1:15 am

servodude wrote:
look wrote:
bungeejumper wrote:I'm glad you didn't wait in vain, then. ;)

Yes.

- sd

No, it isn't a spin of "if you don't test you can't find"
It's a question of availability and velocity.

if there were no doctors, then when you notice that you can have the disease, you would buy the remedies immediately.
As the doctors exist and you need their receipt, you will lost 1, 2 or 3 weeks until you can buy the medicines, and many people are dying because of this burocracy.

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » September 23rd, 2020, 1:51 am

look wrote:
servodude wrote:
look wrote:

- sd

if there were no doctors, then when you notice that you can have the disease, you would buy the remedies immediately.
As the doctors exist and you need their receipt, you will lost 1, 2 or 3 weeks until you can buy the medicines, and many people are dying because of this burocracy.

There is no way to know if your respiratory symptoms might be a cold, flu, hayfever, pet allergy or COVID19 without a test
There is no way to confirm if your anosmia is due to sinusitis, smoking, brain aneurism, Huntington's disease or COVID19 without a test
There are no treatments for COVID that help mild cases; anything thus far proven to make a difference is in a clinical setting and for cases that have required medical intervention, and the correct medical intervention at that. For that you need doctors

If you want to buy a remedy that you think might alleviate your symptoms I don't think there's anywhere that stops that?
- but without regulation of drugs there would be people overdosing on things that can hurt, that are not the medicine they thought they needed, or needlessly filling themselves with antibiotics (with all the future problems that will bring)

Selling medicines that can be harmful to the patient or to society without regulation is not a good idea

-sd

look
2 Lemon pips

Postby look » September 23rd, 2020, 4:02 am

servodude wrote:
look wrote:
servodude wrote:

- sd

There is no way to know if your respiratory symptoms might be a cold, flu, hayfever, pet allergy or COVID19 without a test
There is no way to confirm if your anosmia is due to sinusitis, smoking, brain aneurism, Huntington's disease or COVID19 without a test
There are no treatments for COVID that help mild cases; anything thus far proven to make a difference is in a clinical setting and for cases that have required medical intervention, and the correct medical intervention at that. For that you need doctors

If you want to buy a remedy that you think might alleviate your symptoms I don't think there's anywhere that stops that?
- but without regulation of drugs there would be people overdosing on things that can hurt, that are not the medicine they thought they needed, or needlessly filling themselves with antibiotics (with all the future problems that will bring)

Selling medicines that can be harmful to the patient or to society without regulation is not a good idea

-sd

It seems you are a doctor.
It seems Vernon Coleman doesn't have symphatizers here.
Very often the beer or whisky is not the solution for our problems but nobody prevents us to buy it.
very often a car is not a solution for our problems but they let us buy a car.

the doctors fail very much because they receive advantages from laboratories.

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » September 23rd, 2020, 4:21 am

look wrote:
servodude wrote:
look wrote:

-sd

It seems you are a doctor.
It seems Vernon Coleman doesn't have symphatizers here.
Very often the beer or whisky is not the solution for our problems but nobody prevents us to buy it.
very often a car is not a solution for our problems but they let us buy a car.

the doctors fail very much because they receive advantages from laboratories.

I'm an engineer
- cars and alcohol are not sold in most parts of the world without regulation

good luck

- sd

look
2 Lemon pips

Postby look » September 24th, 2020, 5:27 pm

i don't accept doctors as guardians. There are too much medicines that need receipt. this should be drastically reduced.
doctors are not representative of God.

There are iatrogenic diseases. During medical strikes, the mortality diminishes. The link is about these issues.

https://www.qcc.cuny.edu/socialSciences ... by%2035%25.

Mike4
Lemon Half

Postby Mike4 » September 24th, 2020, 10:13 pm

look wrote:It seems Vernon Coleman doesn't have symphatizers here.

Isn't he the geezer who holds that COVID-19 would have passed unnoticed or been mistaken for 'flu had it happened 25 years ago?

look
2 Lemon pips

Postby look » September 25th, 2020, 12:14 am

Mike4 wrote:
look wrote:It seems Vernon Coleman doesn't have symphatizers here.

Isn't he the geezer who holds that COVID-19 would have passed unnoticed or been mistaken for 'flu had it happened 25 years ago?

i don't know if he said this.

he wrote a book with the title "stop your doctor killing you".
yesterday i serched a bit about him, he wrote more than 100 books about several issues.

Erika Schwatz wrote a book with related subjet with the title: "don't let your doctor kill you: how to..."

my point is that we should have more right to decide what medicines to buy without needing a receipt. The virus make so many victims because the help of the doctors that prevent our access to medicines.

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”