Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Hospital chaos and the NHS

Fitness tips, Relaxation, Mind and Body
Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: Hospital chaos and the NHS

Postby Dod101 » July 5th, 2023, 7:32 am

XFool wrote:
Lootman wrote:I doubt that anyone really "wants to destroy the NHS". But to achieve that "total overhaul" itself probably needs a full-blown crisis.

In that context some level of benign neglect could be seen as tough love.

Slowly, slowly, catchee monkey?

"Benign neglect" --> Collapsing service --> Dissatisfied public & Loss of support --> Provide 'solution' --> Privatise it!

Surprised?

And why would they want to privatise it without some sort of funding system in place? In any case if the current government are unlikely to be inplace within say the next 18 months what are they hoping to achieve (except possibly a bigger headache for Labour?)

Personally I think some sort of privatisation alongside the current set up might work but that is not what this thread is about.

Dod

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » July 5th, 2023, 7:35 am

pje16 wrote:Well not too bad where I live
3 (NHS staff) came round to see me today and 2 more tomorrow, all booked by them, not me

I echo 6Tricia's sentiments and actually although I only have prostate cancer I am must say that I have had excellent attention, with no delays and like you, follow up appointments initiated by the NHS.

Dod

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » July 5th, 2023, 7:52 am

Dod101 wrote:
pje16 wrote:Well not too bad where I live
3 (NHS staff) came round to see me today and 2 more tomorrow, all booked by them, not me

I echo 6Tricia's sentiments and actually although I only have prostate cancer I am must say that I have had excellent attention, with no delays and like you, follow up appointments initiated by the NHS.

Dod

Bloody hell Dod?!
Good luck

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » July 5th, 2023, 7:57 am

servodude wrote:
Dod101 wrote:

Dod

Bloody hell Dod?!
Good luck

Thanks. I would not normally disclose this sort of thing but anyone with it will know that it can be kept at bay for a long while (or so we am told) My point was though that the NHS has been very good as far as I am concerned; no delays, clear explanations and I just get a general feeling of confidence in them.

But thanks anyway.

Dod

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » July 7th, 2023, 7:34 pm

Highly skilled doctors like me once helped shape the NHS – now we’re cogs in a broken machine

The Guardian

Consultants’ expertise is ignored in a service laid to waste by cuts that endanger patients. That’s why we have voted to strike

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » July 7th, 2023, 7:41 pm

XFool wrote:Highly skilled doctors like me once helped shape the NHS – now we’re cogs in a broken machine

The Guardian

Consultants’ expertise is ignored in a service laid to waste by cuts that endanger patients. That’s why we have voted to strike

The most annoying feature of doctors and nurses striking, by a country mile, is claiming that this is not really about inflating their pay but rather that it is all about the patients.

If you want more money then say that. And not pretend that you are on some kind of ideological crusade to save us all.

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » July 7th, 2023, 7:49 pm

Lootman wrote:The most annoying feature of doctors and nurses striking, by a country mile, is claiming that this is not really about inflating their pay but rather that it is all about the patients.

If you want more money then say that. And not pretend that you are on some kind of ideological crusade to save us all.

I suspect that:

1. They want a decent job. Which means both a restoration of their lost pay levels ("more money"), plus - despite nothing else counting in your metrics - decent working conditions.

2. They want to be allowed to do the job they believe in and signed up to - which again, for them, likely does mean more than lots more loot.

Not everyone in the world shares your particularly narrowly focussed values.

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » July 7th, 2023, 8:07 pm

XFool wrote:
Lootman wrote:The most annoying feature of doctors and nurses striking, by a country mile, is claiming that this is not really about inflating their pay but rather that it is all about the patients.

I suspect that:

1. They want a decent job. Which means both a restoration of their lost pay levels ("more money"), plus - despite nothing else counting in your metrics - decent working conditions.

2. They want to be allowed to do the job they believe in and signed up to - which again, for them, likely does mean more than lots more loot.

Not everyone in the world shares your particularly narrowly focussed values.

You may have been sucked in and seduced by their slick, and no doubt well-funded, PR campaign. But all my hypocrisy and greed warning bells are ringing.

I guess you also believe that striking RMT staff are doing it all for rail passengers, right?

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » July 7th, 2023, 8:16 pm

Lootman wrote:You may have been sucked in and seduced by their slick, and no doubt well-funded, PR campaign. But all my hypocrisy and greed warning bells are ringing.

I guess you also believe that striking RMT staff are doing it all for rail passengers, right?

Ah. The old "Don't look here, look over there!" trick?

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » July 7th, 2023, 8:23 pm

XFool wrote:
Lootman wrote:You may have been sucked in and seduced by their slick, and no doubt well-funded, PR campaign. But all my hypocrisy and greed warning bells are ringing.

Ah. The old "Don't look here, look over there!" trick?

Same deal, here or there.

Anyway this is not a political issue, but rather an internal matter between the NHS management and the staff.

Return to “Health & Wellbeing”