Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

An unexpected question

Fitness tips, Relaxation, Mind and Body
bungeejumper
Lemon Half

An unexpected question

Postby bungeejumper » August 17th, 2019, 9:05 am

Into the hospital yesterday for another northbound endoscopy - nothing too worrying, it was just one of the routine inspections that they've been doing since I had a small colon cancer removed last year. And yes, thank you, it all went excellently and there are no signs of any bad things happening. But during the pre-test questionnaire the nurse asked me a question I wasn't prepared for.

Diabetes, no. Heart troubles, no. Mad cow disease, no. Metal implants, no. Pacemaker, no. Was I wearing any lipstick or lip balm? Whaaaaaaat?

Why on earth do they ask that, I asked the nurse? Well, she said, I don't know, but I suppose it's because they're putting an electrical device in there and they're worried about something catching fire....

I can think of a lot of things down there that would be more likely to cause an explosion than that. :shock: And yes, some people do find that a dab of Vaseline on the (ahem) essential spot can improve their personal comfort. But the idea of sticking a lip balm up my posterior had never occurred to me. Anyway, I was able to inform her that there was very little chance of her finding lipstick on my sphincter.

I assume it was a subtle wind-up, but it was nicely done. :lol: Maybe she says that to all the boys?

BJ

seagles
Lemon Slice

Re: An unexpected question

Postby seagles » August 17th, 2019, 9:39 am

This site says no lipstick or jewellery. :lol:

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » August 18th, 2019, 12:31 pm

seagles wrote:This site says no lipstick or jewellery. :lol:

I can understand the jewellery ban. They're going to reduce you to a co-operative semi-zombie with the sedative, and they don't want you (a) damaging yourself on a necklace, (b) sticking yourself with a stray earring or other body piercing, (c) messing up the electronics with magnetic interference, or (d) waking up afterwards and demanding that they stop everything and look for your missing ankle chain. ;) I've never had any objections to my wristwatch or my wedding ring, however.

The only reason I can think of for banning lip balm, etc, is that I suppose it might get onto the camera lens and obscure the view. But lipstick? Seriously? Apparently so. And never mind which end of you it's been applied to.....

The older I get, the less surprised I become.....

BJ

NomoneyNohoney
Lemon Slice

Postby NomoneyNohoney » August 21st, 2019, 8:31 pm

Perhaps the lip balm or lipstick affects the camera when it makes its Northern exit, after a Southern entry..?

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » August 24th, 2019, 6:26 pm

NomoneyNohoney wrote:Perhaps the lip balm or lipstick affects the camera when it makes its Northern exit, after a Southern entry..?

You've been watching some pretty weird films. It's about half the length of a cricket pitch down there. Try cutting down on cheese in the evenings. :)

BJ

Return to “Health & Wellbeing”