Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

MuscleWiki

Fitness tips, Relaxation, Mind and Body
Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

MuscleWiki

Postby Itsallaguess » August 9th, 2020, 6:25 pm

I do some bodyweight and dumbbell work to help top up my other regular exercises, and to stop the recurrence of a niggling shoulder issue I had some years ago, which these sorts of regular strengthening routines do help a great deal with. Nothing too heavy, but just enough to know I've done some work, that's all..

One of the biggest problems when I first started to look into this was not being able to find a good 'one-stop' information source that gave simple, varied instructions for the different muscle groups. I also really wanted to do as much work as I could with the minimum of kit, so bodyweight and dumbbells preferably, with as much off-bench stuff as I could find, and this was also an issue when I was first looking into this, as many of the sites I was initially looking at seemed to assume that money and space was not an issue, and often gave exercise suggestions that weren't really suited to a more stripped-down, equipment-lite process..

I've recently found a site that I wish I'd stumbled on years ago, which allows you to select the type of exercise you're wishing to carry out (Exercises / Stretches / Bodyweight / Kettlebells), and then select the muscle-group you're wanting to work on, using a body-graphic on the main page -

https://musclewiki.com/

The great thing about this site is that it then gives a number of varied routines for each exercise, tailored to suit the specific exercise-method that you're wanting to use. Note that separate Male and Female options are also available.

Many of the featured exercises will be familiar to those who already do this type of stuff, but I think it's a great single-resource for anyone who might just be getting interested, with an ease of entry and high enough variation in the routines to keep things interesting, and the ability to easily hit specific muscle-groups is a great way to start thinking about these types of routines.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

feder1
Lemon Slice

Re: MuscleWiki

Postby feder1 » August 10th, 2020, 12:36 pm

Quite agree that this is useful. We have learnt some things just playing about with it.

The only slight problem is not being able to rapidly click up the muscle person after looking at exercises and stretches.

Return to “Health & Wellbeing”