Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Jamie Lee Curtis cured my diarrhea

Fitness tips, Relaxation, Mind and Body
XFool
The full Lemon

Jamie Lee Curtis cured my diarrhea

Postby XFool » October 17th, 2021, 12:35 pm

Well, yes, really. This is undoubtedly a surprising tale...

Part 1
Firstly: I have been suffering from chronic, severe diarrhea and gas (sorry) every day for months and months. For so long I can't even remember now when it started.

Whether related or not I do not know, but my energy levels have been going down and down (I have been putting it down to my age). Someone commented on how I must "be hungry" as my stomach was "rumbling", I just dismissed it as "normal". I have lost weight (which I still think is a good thing) people have noticed and someone said "You're fading away, there's nothing to you, skin and bones" - an exaggeration in my opinion. Recently I have started to think I really ought to contact the GP. Clearly something is not right somewhere.

Part 2
A few days ago I read an article in The Guardian, an interview with Jamie Lee Curtis.

Jamie Lee Curtis: ‘My biggest roles were to do with my body, my physicality, my sexuality’

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/oct/15/jamie-lee-curtis-my-biggest-roles-were-to-do-with-my-body-my-physicality-my-sexuality

The 19 year old JLC was in the original 1970s Halloween film, directed by John Carpenter. I believe she played the same role in all these films since. She is now 62 and once again stars in the latest release of the Halloween film, hence the interview for publicity purposes.

In the original article she was quoted saying the following: “I was on television for seven years selling Activia, a yoghurt that makes you poop,” she says. “They parodied me on Saturday Night Live!"

N.B. This has since been altered by The Guardian to say: “I was on television for seven years selling yoghurt that makes you poop,” she says. “They parodied me on Saturday Night Live!"

In both versions, the text: “They parodied me on Saturday Night Live!" contains a link to a YouTube video of that sketch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SRs2l0O43U
Jamie Lee Curtis for Activia - SNL

Part 3
At the start of the pandemic and original lockdown I changed my food shopping habit from general 'shop-as-you-go' to using my car for a single weekly shop. I bought a fixed selection of meals, which I have been sticking to ever since. Early on, in Sainsburys, something caught my eye: They were selling packs of Danone's Activia Probiotic Yoghurt at reduced prices. In this instance I confess, in the circumstances, I must have been influenced by the text on the packet at that time (not now - see below) "Helps boost your immune system" or "May help boost your immune system". I doubt I even knew what "probioic" meant, I'm not into all that kind of thing.

Anyway, I loved the peach flavoured Activia (probiotic) yoghurt! I have been buying it ever since, I have been eating it every week for months and months...

Then I read that Guardian interview with Jamie Lee Curtis. This surprised me. There was only a short window of time in which she was quoted as saying "Activia..." (but both articles do link to the YouTube video mentioning Activia).

I looked the matter up on the Internet, there were two types of response: "This product is marvellous; it cured my constipation; is good for my colitis; my IBF etc" and "Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole; told all my family to avoid it; this should be taken off the shelves"

Suffice to say, it seems I am no longer suffer from diarrhea (fingers crossed) - and it's down to Jamie Lee Curtis!

Interestingly, I see the more recent packaging of Activia no longer contains the text referred to above (the pots are smaller too). This looks a likely explanation for that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probiotic#Regulation

Return to “Health & Wellbeing”