Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

MOT health check

Fitness tips, Relaxation, Mind and Body
pje16
Lemon Half

Re: MOT health check

Postby pje16 » May 5th, 2022, 8:38 am

Gersemi wrote:Incidently my mother also had regular breast cancer screening, but she still died of it at age 67.

Very sorry to hear that

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » May 5th, 2022, 9:02 am

pje16 wrote:
Gersemi wrote:Incidently my mother also had regular breast cancer screening, but she still died of it at age 67.

Very sorry to hear that

Same, it's a very sad thing to hear.

My better half spent Tuesday in the hospital for follow up scans after finding a shadow a couple of weeks back; but everything looks fine. Her sister's been two years in remission after radiotherapy and surgery, so we were surprisingly unworried.

If anyone reading this ever finds themselves considering skipping the opportunity to get checked I'd urge them to reconsider

-sd

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » May 5th, 2022, 10:03 am

servodude wrote:Do you at least partake of periodic cancer screening?

All of my family who have had their cancers found in routine screening have beaten them
- those who took the "ah why bother" route didn't

Hallelujah to that. It was the widely-disliked occult blood test (the "poohsticks" test) that found my colon cancer four years ago. (One malignant tumour, plus two that were merely waiting their turn to turn nasty.) Not a hint of any symptoms that I could detect. The NHS fixed it all at stage one, and an almost certain threat to life was gone.

Comparisons with checking for ageing tyres, slack hydraulics or dodgy shock absorbers are absolutely appropriate. Except that when your car goes off-road it might not be just you that gets killed. :|

What I don't understand is why the NHS doesn't test the over-seventies? Presumably they reckon that the oldies will be running out of road before long, so what the hell?

BJ

Return to “Health & Wellbeing”