Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford,GrahamPlatt, for Donating to support the site

The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F***

Fitness tips, Relaxation, Mind and Body
Tedx
Lemon Quarter

The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F***

Postby Tedx » May 11th, 2023, 10:41 am

Following on from RS's 'Mindset' post, I watched a film called

'The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F***' last night on Netflix.

Its an interesting film and probably quite life changing for many folk - particularly in this world of endless social media depicting people with perfect lives.

I realised that when I was younger I used to give a f*** about a lot of stuff. I could have described myself as 'Permanently outraged' or even entitled. These days though, I know what makes me happy (and it's really not very much at all) hence I had actually drifted into a similar mindset mindset of the book over the years and the driver of that has been the Motley Fool. From chatting with folk that actually offer intelligent conversation, to the investment boards, the LBYM board, Beerpigs Snug and all the rest. I find it quite fascinating when I look back at myself pre MF to where I am today.

Anyway, not giving a f*** will make you live a longer and happier life. Well maybe not longer. But certainly happier.

There's an interesting summary of the book here & the link takes you to all the key points of not giving a f***:

Finding something important and meaningful in your life is the most productive use of your time and energy. This is true because every life has problems associated with it and finding meaning in your life will help you sustain the effort needed to overcome the particular problems you face. Thus, we can say that the key to living a good life is not giving a f*** about more things, but rather, giving a f*** only about the things that align with your personal values.

https://jamesclear.com/book-summaries/t ... ving-a-fck

Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F***

Postby Dod101 » May 11th, 2023, 11:26 am

Tedx wrote:Following on from RS's 'Mindset' post, I watched a film called

'The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F***' last night on Netflix.

Its an interesting film and probably quite life changing for many folk - particularly in this world of endless social media depicting people with perfect lives.

I realised that when I was younger I used to give a f*** about a lot of stuff. I could have described myself as 'Permanently outraged' or even entitled. These days though, I know what makes me happy (and it's really not very much at all) hence I had actually drifted into a similar mindset mindset of the book over the years and the driver of that has been the Motley Fool. From chatting with folk that actually offer intelligent conversation, to the investment boards, the LBYM board, Beerpigs Snug and all the rest. I find it quite fascinating when I look back at myself pre MF to where I am today.

Anyway, not giving a f*** will make you live a longer and happier life. Well maybe not longer. But certainly happier.

There's an interesting summary of the book here & the link takes you to all the key points of not giving a f***:

Finding something important and meaningful in your life is the most productive use of your time and energy. This is true because every life has problems associated with it and finding meaning in your life will help you sustain the effort needed to overcome the particular problems you face. Thus, we can say that the key to living a good life is not giving a f*** about more things, but rather, giving a f*** only about the things that align with your personal values.

https://jamesclear.com/book-summaries/t ... ving-a-fck

Great to hear that you have benefited from TMF and presumably TLF. I enjoy it as (well most of it) but that may be because I have too much time on my hands.

Life experience in general gives a perspective and gives guidance to what matters and what does not. I will not go into the details but I have a couple of significant anniversaries this week and it sure helps to sort things out.

Dod

Return to “Health & Wellbeing”