Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Upper arm Tendon injury

Fitness tips, Relaxation, Mind and Body
Halicarnassus
Lemon Slice

Upper arm Tendon injury

Postby Halicarnassus » April 13th, 2017, 6:58 am

Does anyone know how to rehabilitate an upper arm tendon that I damaged? Initially I thought I had hurt my bicep muscle but it's not that. The pain starts at the opposite side from the elbow and run inside to front of arm to the top of the shoulder. Pain now for around 6 weeks.
I still have strength in muscle but when I try and push with extended arm or overhead throw it really is painful.
I know with muscle injuries rest is the cure but that doesn't seem to be working with the tendon.

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: Upper arm Tendon injury

Postby redsturgeon » April 13th, 2017, 8:29 am

See a physiotherapist, they will be able to make a proper assessment and suggest the right steps to recovery. Might cost £40 but perhaps worth it.

John

TedSwippet
Lemon Slice

Postby TedSwippet » April 13th, 2017, 8:45 am

Bicep pain can radiate from shoulder issues, often related to rotator-cuff inflammation. If that's the case, full rest isn't usually the answer.

If you want to try a few self-help options before seeing a professional, perhaps try some of these gentler exercises. Pilates and restorative Yoga would probably help too. Try to identify and stop or modify any repetitive activity that might be aggravating things. For example, if this is your computer 'mouse arm' then switch mouse use to the other arm.

Halicarnassus
Lemon Slice

Postby Halicarnassus » April 13th, 2017, 12:55 pm

redsturgeon wrote:See a physiotherapist, they will be able to make a proper assessment and suggest the right steps to recovery. Might cost £40 but perhaps worth it.

John

Thanks, it may be an option.

TedSwippet wrote:Bicep pain can radiate from shoulder issues, often related to rotator-cuff inflammation. If that's the case, full rest isn't usually the answer.

If you want to try a few self-help options before seeing a professional, perhaps try some of these gentler exercises. Pilates and restorative Yoga would probably help too. Try to identify and stop or modify any repetitive activity that might be aggravating things. For example, if this is your computer 'mouse arm' then switch mouse use to the other arm.

I think it's more the arm and the shoulder but thanks for the pdf

Halicarnassus
Lemon Slice

Postby Halicarnassus » April 19th, 2017, 1:19 am

I went to the physio yesterday and he told me it was.... (drum roll)... a shoulder injury with radiating arm pain called subacromial impngement.

Well done Tedswhippet.

Return to “Health & Wellbeing”