Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Jogging

Fitness tips, Relaxation, Mind and Body
JMN2
Lemon Quarter

Re: Jogging

Postby JMN2 » April 23rd, 2017, 6:04 pm

Halicarnassus wrote:...

I do enjoy walking (see viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4418). All I need to do is move faster and change the shoes :lol:

I am lucky to have some nice hills around where I live (North Downs and Greensand Ridge) and just walking briskly will give a nice cardio exercise. Sometimes I run them straight up, as slow as walking. I walk and jog roughly 50/50, some slow trail running on the footpaths, Ide and Toys Hill are good fun.

Halicarnassus
Lemon Slice

Postby Halicarnassus » April 24th, 2017, 10:58 am

JMN2 wrote:
Halicarnassus wrote:...

I do enjoy walking (see viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4418). All I need to do is move faster and change the shoes :lol:

I am lucky to have some nice hills around where I live (North Downs and Greensand Ridge) and just walking briskly will give a nice cardio exercise. Sometimes I run them straight up, as slow as walking. I walk and jog roughly 50/50, some slow trail running on the footpaths, Ide and Toys Hill are good fun.

Well the trainers are arriving on Wednesday and I'm definitely going to go easy easy with my running. I know now that I'm touching 50, injuries are easier to pick up and harder to get rid of.

Halicarnassus
Lemon Slice

Postby Halicarnassus » April 26th, 2017, 2:12 pm

My new trainers arrived today. Now, just some time to let them acclimatise before I ask them to do anything. I mean it's only fair... :lol:

CindSein

Postby CindSein » June 7th, 2017, 8:16 am

BrummieDave wrote:I ran from being a teenager into my 30s, quite serious at some times (nationals etc.), then took up cycling to avoid knee damage, then stopped cycling to avoid an early grave, and now I'm an obsessive walker doing about 2,500 miles a year. I don't set myself a target, nor do I measure miles (my phone does that without me asking), but I walk every day, and it's become my life. No lower back problems any more, no damage to joints, and a thoroughly great way to spend your days, weekends, and holidays IMHO.

Walking is a very good exercise. It can reduce a lot of health issues. It can make you healthy. Never walk for too many miles a day instead keep an account. Over walking can cause problems for legs.

feder1
Lemon Slice

Postby feder1 » June 9th, 2017, 3:43 pm

I managed to do my "Marathon in May" again this year thanks to my running m/c at home. Nearly 69 yo.

I have to start the month with 10-15 mins most days at low speed augmented by a longer Sunday run outdoors if weather permits.

This Sunday will do 45 mins or a bit more as I am aiming to do an hour by my imminent birthday.

Just a wonderful feeling of capability and fitness for the tennis and swimming.

Tip - start really slowly and for a very short time.

Return to “Health & Wellbeing”