Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to ExFM,ErroneousBee,GSVsowhat,Shelford,Hypster, for Donating to support the site

Secure Income REIT

Walkeia
Lemon Pip

Secure Income REIT

Postby Walkeia » November 23rd, 2020, 11:26 am

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone had looked at or had a particular view on this REIT please.

As full background I was a small holder pre-Covid and in the past two months have been significantly increasing my holding on the back of the below presentation (particularly page 23 which I think is a good way of looking at the portfolio - discount of hotel and leisure assets at ~50% of accounting marks using the current share-price - if we accept hospital valuations + cash). October statement confirming Travelodge June accounting marks supported by bids (2nd link) and more recently the vaccine news which hopefully means we may have a more normal summer next year for the leisure assets.

https://secureincomereit.co.uk/wp-conte ... e-2020.pdf

http://otp.investis.com/clients/uk/secu ... 7&cid=2129

The vast bulk of my portfolio is allocated to global equity trackers; I use the trackers as collateral for a few REITs for income... I guess my post in a sentence is asking - 'I think this looks really good and am contemplating buying even more, is there something I'm missing?'

Many thanks,

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Re: Secure Income REIT

Postby richfool » November 23rd, 2020, 12:11 pm

Walkeia wrote:Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone had looked at or had a particular view on this REIT please.

As full background I was a small holder pre-Covid and in the past two months have been significantly increasing my holding on the back of the below presentation (particularly page 23 which I think is a good way of looking at the portfolio - discount of hotel and leisure assets at ~50% of accounting marks using the current share-price - if we accept hospital valuations + cash). October statement confirming Travelodge June accounting marks supported by bids (2nd link) and more recently the vaccine news which hopefully means we may have a more normal summer next year for the leisure assets.

https://secureincomereit.co.uk/wp-conte ... e-2020.pdf

http://otp.investis.com/clients/uk/secu ... 7&cid=2129

The vast bulk of my portfolio is allocated to global equity trackers; I use the trackers as collateral for a few REITs for income... I guess my post in a sentence is asking - 'I think this looks really good and am contemplating buying even more, is there something I'm missing?'

Many thanks,

Have a look at this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=24886&p=357546#p357546

I see it postponed its dividend back in June and that it holds some retail properties, including Matalan, also Premier Inns and Cineworld.

Walkeia
Lemon Pip

Postby Walkeia » November 23rd, 2020, 1:55 pm

Hi RichFool,

could I check we're talking about the same REIT. The tickers are similar but secure income REIT is predominantly hospitals, Travelodge and theme park assets predominantly.

Thanks,

dealtn
Lemon Quarter

Postby dealtn » November 23rd, 2020, 2:13 pm

richfool wrote:
Have a look at this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=24886&p=357546#p357546

I see it postponed its dividend back in June and that it holds some retail properties, including Matalan, also Premier Inns and Cineworld.

That's SREI nor SIR

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » November 23rd, 2020, 3:24 pm

dealtn wrote:That's SREI nor SIR

It proves, perhaps, that including part at least of an outfit's name assists, as has the OP of this topic.

dealtn
Lemon Quarter

Postby dealtn » November 23rd, 2020, 3:40 pm

PinkDalek wrote:
dealtn wrote:That's SREI nor SIR

It proves, perhaps, that including part at least of an outfit's name assists, as has the OP of this topic.

Yes generally, I think, having a name and EPIC (as on the Company Share News Board) is helpful.

Return to “REITs & Property Companies”