Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

REITs & PropCos vs CVAs

torata
Lemon Slice

REITs & PropCos vs CVAs

Postby torata » August 25th, 2018, 3:18 am

There's been a lot in the press recently about the retail sector in the doldrums, and CVAs etc being used to renegotiate downward rents. I wonder what's the impact on which REITs and PropCos? Are we going to start seeing reports of depressed earnings?
(context: I was thinking of adding a REIT to my HYP to complement BLND)

torata

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Re: REITs & PropCos vs CVAs

Postby jackdaww » August 25th, 2018, 8:31 am

FredBloggs wrote:
torata wrote:There's been a lot in the press recently about the retail sector in the doldrums, and CVAs etc being used to renegotiate downward rents. I wonder what's the impact on which REITs and PropCos? Are we going to start seeing reports of depressed earnings?
(context: I was thinking of adding a REIT to my HYP to complement BLND)

torata

I think you might. I am a big fan of RGL in the property sector. I believe it will be largely unaffected by anything happening in London or the general high street. The management continue to quietly do some outstanding deals. The yield is very high and the trust trades at a discount. I think in the medium to longer term there is scope either for a significant rerating of the share price and/or decent returns of capital to investors. While I wait, just feel the weight of those quarterly dividends. I really hold too much RGL. I can't help myself.

====================

i hold regional - hope you're right !

also holding br.land , hansteen and new river retail.

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Re: REITs & PropCos vs CVAs

Postby richfool » August 25th, 2018, 12:32 pm

With the way that High Street retail is failing and online retail thriving, I could see more of a case for the likes of WHR (warehouse type REIT's), than anything that holds high street retail properties.

Disc: I hold RGL and SLI but not WHR.

Return to “REITs & Property Companies”