Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Update on LSR & UAI...

SKYSHIP
Lemon Slice

Update on LSR & UAI...

Postby SKYSHIP » February 26th, 2017, 10:19 am

An update to my post on LSR last November.
For the past 3months LSR has pretty well tracked sideways – a marginal 4% gain to 29p.

During that time they came out with a strategic review which will make the liquidation more transparent and hopefully more urgent. Nothing much happened over the past 2yrs; though not all management’s fault as potential bidders twice engaged and twice pulled away – one of those likely to have been due to the Brexit vote.

The new strategy detailed with December’s Finals (see link below) will entail auction sales of the less valued, less marketable properties so as to make the portfolio more attractive to a single bidder.

With an NAV of 43p the shares still offer low risk upside of perhaps 25%+, with the timescale of 2017 if lucky, though perhaps 2018 more likely.

http://uk.advfn.com/stock-market/london ... s/73112155

In that 11th November post I also mentioned UAI, though I didn’t post the story as I was unable at that time to get a dedicated property thread. Since then UAI has advanced from 158p to 180p – a 14% gain.

The story and the charts are shown in my Header to the UAI thread over at ADVFN – see link here:

http://uk.advfn.com/cmn/fbb/thread.php3?id=34748880

UAI has broken out of a serious downtrend after 6months of base building. Even at the improved 180p they still offer a 35% discount to the historic 276p NAV. The yield this year may be just 5%; but is f/c to be 10% for the next 2yrs as it makes the special dividend payments from maturing developments.

UAI has come to the notice of The Investors Chronicle; and they made it one of their weekly naps back at the end of November – “The B/S is not stretched and the Company is undergoing an exciting transformation that could see it deliver one of the highest returns in the sector. Add to this the incredibly attractive forecast income, and the shares look much too cheap at current levels”. The sp at the time was the same 158p level they were on when I mentioned them on 11th November.

The Finals to end February will be published at the end of April, so we still have another two months to go before the update on yield and NAV; and also the excellent Presentation which always follows both Interims & Finals. For last year’s – see this link:

http://www.uandiplc.com/investors/resul ... /year-2016

This is another interesting presentation made in November:

http://www.uandiplc.com/~/media/Files/D ... v-2016.pdf

Finally, broker f/cs average a target price of 230p. No timescale and always rather irrelevant I feel, still it sets the tone for the change in sentiment which is likely to take UAI back above the 200p level.

Asagi

Re: Update on LSR & UAI...

Postby Asagi » February 26th, 2017, 3:20 pm

That's super, SKYSHIP. Excellent to see you posting here at LemonFool.

Asagi (no position)

gbjbaanb
Lemon Slice

Re: Update on LSR & UAI...

Postby gbjbaanb » September 6th, 2017, 1:01 am

I was looking at LSR, seems the share price has gone nowhere fast recently as they disposed of a few scrappy assets recently and now only have the good stuff left that they intend to sell off to a single bidder, or failing that to auction it all off. If they can get a buyer they say they'll try to close down in the first halfway of 2018, if not they'll be done by early 2019.

From the accounts I think it's now more of a 50% upside with the only risk that of property collapsing, seems residential is going that way now but retail stuff should hold up better. The last accounts show NAV of 43p per share.

So my opinion is that it is a really obvious buy before the market notices, but I'd be interested in anyone else's view on this.

Return to “REITs & Property Companies”