Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Quickest way to find out a company's year-end ARD?

Investment discussion for beginners. Why you should invest your money, get help getting started
lleyta

Quickest way to find out a company's year-end ARD?

Postby lleyta » April 2nd, 2018, 10:42 am

Hello all - this is my first ever post on Lemon Fool, so apologies in advance if this is the wrong section.

I am conducting research on a large number of companies, and am looking to collect information on when their year-end date is (aka. their accounting reference date (ARD)).

Does anyone know where I can quickly find this date out across a variety of companies? (A mix of UK and international).

Thank you :)

lleyta

Re: Quickest way to find out a company's year-end ARD?

Postby lleyta » April 2nd, 2018, 11:12 am

UPDATE: I found that Yahoo Finance displays this information on it's "Statistics" tab on the company's profile. Thanks anyway everyone.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » April 2nd, 2018, 11:38 am

lleyta wrote:
UPDATE: I found that Yahoo Finance displays this information on it's "Statistics" tab on the company's profile. Thanks anyway everyone.

I've knocked something up that will automatically get you the year-ends based on a list of tickers in an Excel spreadsheet.

Unfortunately, I'm right out of time currently, and so will only be able to provide a link to the tool later today, but I just thought I'd let you know before you perhaps start to carry out a large manual-process.

I should be able to provide a link to the tool around 4pm today.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

lleyta

Postby lleyta » April 2nd, 2018, 11:45 am

Itsallaguess wrote:I've knocked something up that will automatically get you the year-ends based on a list of tickers in an Excel spreadsheet.

I should be able to provide a link to the tool around 4pm today.

That would be incredibly useful! Please do get back to me at 4.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » April 2nd, 2018, 4:22 pm

lleyta wrote:
That would be incredibly useful!

Good stuff....

Now, as usual, this has just been knocked up to do a specific task, so please don't expect miracles.

That said, if you enter a list of UK tickers into the first column and then press the button, it should go down them and get you the year-end dates as defined on Stockopedia.

Here's an example Stockopedia page showing the VODAFONE year-end of 31st March -

https://tinyurl.com/ybenywf3

And here's a screen-shot of the tool showing the correct 31st March result for VOD, and also a few other test tickers (BORK is a test for an unrecognised ticker...) -

Here's a download link so you can give it a test-run (select the 'Download this file' button...) -

http://www.filedropper.com/companyyear-endtool

Please note that it's got a 30-second delay in-between tickers, so it'll take some time with a long list, but I've hard-coded that to help relieve any strain you may place on the data-source with a big list. I'd be very grateful if you didn't remove that delay.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » April 28th, 2018, 9:40 pm

lleyta wrote:Hello all - this is my first ever post on Lemon Fool, so apologies in advance if this is the wrong section.
Just thought I'd welcome you to The Lemon Fool, although I see that Itsallaguess has done this in his usual practical manner! Regards, Chris

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » April 28th, 2018, 10:14 pm

I would go to Investegate, look for the latest results for the company in question and that will give you the year end date. You will find odd ones like Tesco, who have 24th February. DS Smith have 30th April, while Kingfisher use 2nd February, or end of January.

TJH

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » May 27th, 2018, 11:02 am

If you want a rough indication ( i.e. month) then

https://www.dividenddata.co.uk/dividend ... &order=#AV.

Click on the company you're interested in and page down past the graph. The year end and announcement dates are given.

Return to “How Do I Invest”