Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

I inherited Aviva!

Investment discussion for beginners. Why you should invest your money, get help getting started
digitalbee

I inherited Aviva!

Postby digitalbee » April 7th, 2019, 12:17 pm

I have been DIY investing for a few years now and mostly, I am happy with my outcomes. I moved my portfolio from one of the wealth management companies and whilst, on reflection, they made good investing decisions, the fees were high. I have inherited Aviva Inv. Multi Strategy[7%] and have left it there, not knowing what place it plays in my portfolio [ I retire next year] Its running at a small loss and I'm wondering whether to sell it - it doesn't pay an income. As well, I have 17% in corporate bond funds, 14% in strategic bond funds, 30% in mixed assets [ vanguard and Kames] and a selection of ITS which I'm happy with.

Alaric
Lemon Half

Re: I inherited Aviva!

Postby Alaric » April 7th, 2019, 2:31 pm

digitalbee wrote: I have inherited Aviva Inv. Multi Strategy[7%]

Is it this one?

https://www.trustnet.com/factsheets/o/f ... get-return

There have been number of similar funds in recent years. Their objective has been to make money in all market conditions, but in practice they just seem to lose money or break even. Perhaps the efforts of all the competing managers and strategies across the fund groups cancel one another out and investors are just left with the return on cash, less fees.

digitalbee

Postby digitalbee » April 8th, 2019, 9:09 pm

Yes- I agree with our comments in so much as it hasn't made money over the time i have had it. Thank you for your reply

RocketMan

Postby RocketMan » April 30th, 2019, 1:19 pm

If it's not giving any income and not doing anything special it might be time for a switch up.

I'd look to change it for a income generating product, or something which has more of a chance to outperform the market. I do find the multi-manager products never seem to add any additional benefits, they just end up contradicting each other.

Return to “How Do I Invest”