Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Attending a company meeting

Investment discussion for beginners. Why you should invest your money, get help getting started
UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Attending a company meeting

Postby UncleEbenezer » April 23rd, 2020, 11:24 am

(Mods, I don't know where best to post this - please move if appropriate)

A company I hold recently sent out a notice of an Investor Presentation (Covid was mentioned in the RNS). From the RNS I infer they're doing the decent thing, by enabling online attendance through a platform called investormeetcompany.

However, attempting to register there as an investor fails. I fill in all the fields, hit "register", and it just shows an error message:
Could not connect to the reCAPTCHA service. Please check your internet connection and reload to get a reCAPTCHA challenge.

This is persistent, so I cannot register. I infer the platform doesn't work: either it is broken for everyone, or it's incompatible with very basic browser security (and that's without using anything unusual/exotic at my end).

Does this platform work for anyone here?

Any experiences of attending company meetings online through other platforms?

staffordian
Lemon Quarter

Re: Attending a company meeting

Postby staffordian » April 23rd, 2020, 1:56 pm

The message suggests to me that you are not passing the "I am not a robot" test. Often it's simply ticking a box or occasionally ticking a selection of boxes containing a particular image.

Did you encounter such a question?

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » April 23rd, 2020, 2:19 pm

UncleEbenezer wrote:This is persistent, so I cannot register. I infer the platform doesn't work: either it is broken for everyone, or it's incompatible with very basic browser security (and that's without using anything unusual/exotic at my end).

Yes, works for me. At least, I followed your link, put random junk in all the fields, ticked the T&Cs and clicked Register and it came back on a new page that says "Thank you for registering with Investor Meet Company. Before proceeding, please check your email for a verification link".

As any verification link went to something like asfasadsdfsdf@asdasdasd.com, which isn't one of mine, I couldn't check for it.... :D, but it does sound like I got further than you did.

I'm using Waterfox on W10Pro and with only a HOSTS file for dodgy site blocking.

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » April 23rd, 2020, 5:29 pm

staffordian wrote:The message suggests to me that you are not passing the "I am not a robot" test. Often it's simply ticking a box or occasionally ticking a selection of boxes containing a particular image.

Did you encounter such a question?

Yes, I'm aware of that. The message appears to be that it's failing to load the question. Or the "select the crosswalks" or other such abomination.

mc2fool wrote:Yes, works for me. At least, I followed your link, put random junk in all the fields, ticked the T&Cs and clicked Register and it came back on a new page that says "Thank you for registering with Investor Meet Company. Before proceeding, please check your email for a verification link".

Thanks - that was the main question. Looks like it is basic security. I'll have to try it from a sandboxed insecure account.

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » April 23rd, 2020, 7:02 pm

UncleEbenezer wrote:The message appears to be that it's failing to load the question. Or the "select the crosswalks" or other such abomination.

There is no question or image selection on that page. The most recent incarnation of reCAPTCHA (V3 IIRC) has no user interaction.

UncleEbenezer wrote:Looks like it is basic security. I'll have to try it from a sandboxed insecure account.

So by "basic security" do you mean blocking google.com? :D

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » April 23rd, 2020, 7:30 pm

mc2fool wrote:
UncleEbenezer wrote:The message appears to be that it's failing to load the question. Or the "select the crosswalks" or other such abomination.

There is no question or image selection on that page. The most recent incarnation of reCAPTCHA (V3 IIRC) has no user interaction.

UncleEbenezer wrote:Looks like it is basic security. I'll have to try it from a sandboxed insecure account.

So by "basic security" do you mean blocking google.com? :D

:lol:

No, I don't block google. In fact I regularly use it. But scripts from some dodgy third-party might be another story.

yorkshirelad1
Lemon Slice

Postby yorkshirelad1 » April 24th, 2020, 10:43 am

UncleEbenezer wrote:(Mods, I don't know where best to post this - please move if appropriate)

A company I hold recently sent out a notice of an Investor Presentation (Covid was mentioned in the RNS). From the RNS I infer they're doing the decent thing, by enabling online attendance through a platform called investormeetcompany.

However, attempting to register there as an investor fails. I fill in all the fields, hit "register", and it just shows an error message:
Could not connect to the reCAPTCHA service. Please check your internet connection and reload to get a reCAPTCHA challenge.

This is persistent, so I cannot register. I infer the platform doesn't work: either it is broken for everyone, or it's incompatible with very basic browser security (and that's without using anything unusual/exotic at my end).

Any experiences of attending company meetings online through other platforms?

I'd be looking at any adblocking or cookie/tracker blocking that you (or your ISP?) may be using? It's a catch22 between blocking unwanted attention (adverts etc) and blocking bona fide items (like catchas). There are some really nice means of blocking around but sometimes they interfere with e.g. onlne purchasing. I use Firefox with adblockers as my main browser, but if something doesn't work, I switch to an unfettered Chrome to see what's happening.

Return to “How Do I Invest”