Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

NASDAQ First North Premier Growth

Investment discussion for beginners. Why you should invest your money, get help getting started
nowthatswhaticallm

NASDAQ First North Premier Growth

Postby nowthatswhaticallm » December 14th, 2020, 11:20 am

Hi all

Hoping someone here can help.

Does anyone know a provider who will allow me to hold shares listed on this market?

cheers

dspp
Lemon Half

Re: NASDAQ First North Premier Growth

Postby dspp » December 14th, 2020, 12:05 pm

nowthatswhaticallm wrote:Hi all

Hoping someone here can help.

Does anyone know a provider who will allow me to hold shares listed on this market?

cheers

try ii, https://www.ii.co.uk/

- dspp

nowthatswhaticallm

Postby nowthatswhaticallm » December 14th, 2020, 2:39 pm

Doesnt seem available. Its a very small firm on a small market. Looking for lo cost stockbroker I think.

dspp
Lemon Half

Postby dspp » December 14th, 2020, 3:09 pm

nowthatswhaticallm wrote:Doesnt seem available. Its a very small firm on a small market. Looking for lo cost stockbroker I think.

Please convince me you a) know what you are talking about, and b) are not a paid marketeer trying to promote this particular stock.

regards, dspp

nowthatswhaticallm

Postby nowthatswhaticallm » December 14th, 2020, 4:23 pm

Im not sure how I can do either of those but I'll try.

I entered the ISIN/ticker on II (and also IG index/fineco/e-toro/interactive brokers). It did not appear as a trade-able stock.

I haven't even mentioned the stock name.

dspp
Lemon Half

Postby dspp » December 14th, 2020, 4:31 pm

nowthatswhaticallm wrote:Im not sure how I can do either of those but I'll try.

I entered the ISIN/ticker on II (and also IG index/fineco/e-toro/interactive brokers). It did not appear as a trade-able stock.

I haven't even mentioned the stock name.

Fair points. I learn something every day. If you have an ii account then perhaps contact customer relations directly to see if they can provide access. I have found them quite helpful in the past. ii are a lo co.

However I am rather puzzled by you asking for a lo-co brokerage ? I would have though that if you are after something which, at least in the UK, is quite esoteric, then a high-cost full-service brokerage would be more appropriate, in which case somewhere like Charles Stanley might be able to assist. Their fees are quite high. Or maybe try to set up a brokerage account at a US brokerage.

regards, dspp

nowthatswhaticallm

Postby nowthatswhaticallm » December 15th, 2020, 8:17 pm

Gave up on emails and got on the phone.

Turns out both Charles Stanley and II can accommodate this stock (still not named :D ). But with it being so niche, it doesn't show up on their websites.

Couple of calls to the dealers who then called their international brokers/platforms and got the OK.

What do you find expensive about CS? The annual fee looks fantastic value. Is it just the dealing comms at the back end?

Still need to discuss costs with II

dspp
Lemon Half

Postby dspp » December 16th, 2020, 12:36 pm

nowthatswhaticallm wrote:Gave up on emails and got on the phone.

Turns out both Charles Stanley and II can accommodate this stock (still not named :D ). But with it being so niche, it doesn't show up on their websites.

Couple of calls to the dealers who then called their international brokers/platforms and got the OK.

What do you find expensive about CS? The annual fee looks fantastic value. Is it just the dealing comms at the back end?

Still need to discuss costs with II

nwim,

Good, looks like you have two solutions. I used to use CS decades ago, but their fees were at that time high in comparison with their loco competition. CS used to have a tiered offering (advisory, disc dealing, none, or somesuch) and fees did match tiers. It may be that they have restructured sufficiently to be competitive that their execution-only offering is still competitive. If so then they are certainly worth considering as I found their actual service to be praiseworthy. These days I personally use ii, and CS will have to be quite cheap to be competitive so it will be interesting to see how the fees compare when you do the sums.

Are we allowed to be the teensy weeny bit curious about what this exotic target is ?

regards, dspp

Return to “How Do I Invest”