Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

NHS Patient Access vs new NHS App?

The home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
Forum rules
This is the home for all non-political Coronavirus (Covid-19) discussions on The Lemon Fool
dionaeamuscipula
Lemon Quarter

Re: NHS Patient Access vs new NHS App?

Postby dionaeamuscipula » May 6th, 2021, 10:08 am

AF62 wrote: By the time everyone gets to agree on what it should certify, how it is to be produced, how it will be operate, etc. then we will be into 2021 and the need for it will have disappeared.

Hate to break it to you but....

DM

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » May 6th, 2021, 3:57 pm

dionaeamuscipula wrote:
AF62 wrote: By the time everyone gets to agree on what it should certify, how it is to be produced, how it will be operate, etc. then we will be into 2021 and the need for it will have disappeared.

Hate to break it to you but....

DM

It'll all be over by christmas ...

Arizona11
2 Lemon pips

Postby Arizona11 » May 9th, 2021, 3:08 pm

I use Patient Access and it shows my two recent vaccinations.

For those who worry about what happens when you travel abroad, why the hell are you travelling abroad in the first place? You may not have heard, but there is a pandemic going on at the moment! Yes, you may well have had both jabs, but are you really so very desperate to look for trouble, especially abroad. Stay in the U.K. and enjoy what it has to offer. You can go abroad next year. If everyone took a little more care we would have stopped the pandemic last year. Please engage your brain and think of others.

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » May 9th, 2021, 3:59 pm

Arizona11 wrote:I use Patient Access and it shows my two recent vaccinations.

For those who worry about what happens when you travel abroad, why the hell are you travelling abroad in the first place? You may not have heard, but there is a pandemic going on at the moment! Yes, you may well have had both jabs, but are you really so very desperate to look for trouble, especially abroad. Stay in the U.K. and enjoy what it has to offer. You can go abroad next year. If everyone took a little more care we would have stopped the pandemic last year. Please engage your brain and think of others.
Wish I could rec this more than once. We have a wonderful country with all sorts of beauty and history almost everywhere. It helps our economy and the lives of those in the hospitality industry that have borne so much of the brunt of this bloody virus. C.

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » May 10th, 2021, 5:00 am

csearle wrote:
Arizona11 wrote:I use Patient Access and it shows my two recent vaccinations.

Wish I could rec this more than once. We have a wonderful country with all sorts of beauty and history almost everywhere. It helps our economy and the lives of those in the hospitality industry that have borne so much of the brunt of this bloody virus. C.

Same here
- once for the content
- and twice again for avoiding the painfully common tautological qualification of the pandemic as "global"

- sd

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 10th, 2021, 1:41 pm

servodude wrote:- and twice again for avoiding the painfully common tautological qualification of the pandemic as "global"

I plead "guilty" to that crime. OTOH:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandemic

A pandemic (from Greek πᾶν, pan, "all" and δῆμος, demos, "local people" the 'crowd') is an epidemic of an infectious disease that has spread across a large region, for instance multiple continents or worldwide, affecting a substantial number of people.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/pandemic

pandemic
adjective MEDICAL specialized

(of a disease) existing in almost all of an area or in almost all of a group of people, animals, or plants:
In some parts of the world malaria is still pandemic.
A report on pandemic flu released last year said "the potential for catastrophe is immense."

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 10th, 2021, 4:19 pm

I see, logging on to Emis Patient Access, that my second COVID-19 vaccination record is now visible on my home page.

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » May 11th, 2021, 11:06 am

XFool wrote:I see, logging on to Emis Patient Access, that my second COVID-19 vaccination record is now visible on my home page.

I have absolutely nothing on mine, but I've only had the first jab, so maybe I have to wait a bit longer.

A pandemic (from Greek πᾶν, pan, "all" and δῆμος, demos, "local people" the 'crowd') is an epidemic of an infectious disease that has spread across a large region, for instance multiple continents or worldwide, affecting a substantial number of people.

So not only a global pandemic, but a worldwide global pandemic! Even more, it may affect all humans on earth! :lol:

Steve

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » May 11th, 2021, 11:22 am

stevensfo wrote:
XFool wrote:I see, logging on to Emis Patient Access, that my second COVID-19 vaccination record is now visible on my home page.

I have absolutely nothing on mine, but I've only had the first jab, so maybe I have to wait a bit longer.

So not only a global pandemic, but a worldwide global pandemic! Even more, it may affect all humans on earth! :lol:

Steve

It could end up being a trans-global-worldwide-hyperpandemic if anything got past the SpaceX protocols ;)

Julian
Lemon Quarter

Postby Julian » May 13th, 2021, 1:06 pm

stevensfo wrote:

Steve

Doesn't it also affect certain species of other animals too? Thank goodness Servodude accidentally highlighted how imprecise many of us have been in our terminology.

- Julian

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » May 14th, 2021, 1:45 am

Julian wrote:
stevensfo wrote:

Steve

Doesn't it also affect certain species of other animals too? Thank goodness Servodude accidentally highlighted how imprecise many of us have been in our terminology.

- Julian

Trust you to think of the mink ;)

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Postby AF62 » May 15th, 2021, 4:47 pm

stevensfo wrote:A recent report hinted that the app may be used as proof of vaccination for travel abroad

The NHS app now has a specific screen to show your vaccination status (date of vaccination, name of vaccine, and batch number).

production100
2 Lemon pips

Postby production100 » May 15th, 2021, 7:52 pm

The NHS app now has a specific screen to show your vaccination status (date of vaccination, name of vaccine, and batch number).

Unfortunately as I expected - with no security between the vaccine record and the health records.

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » May 16th, 2021, 12:00 am

production100 wrote:Unfortunately as I expected - with no security between the vaccine record and the health records.
Why is that unfortunate? Isn't a vaccine record just an aspect of ones' heath record? C.

chas49
Lemon Quarter

Postby chas49 » May 16th, 2021, 12:21 pm

production100 wrote:

Unfortunately as I expected - with no security between the vaccine record and the health records.

Can you clarify this? If your GP practice allows access to your health record (through one of the other apps - such as Airmid, or the SystemOnline website), the NHS app will also give you access to (at least some of) that data. I'm not clear what you mean by " security between the vaccine record and the health records"

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » May 16th, 2021, 12:23 pm

production100 wrote:

The big question is that, no matter what form it takes, will the vaccination certificate on your little smartphone be accepted internationally?

As I have said before, the private Covid testing centres seem to cope very well. Passport number, name of centre, name of doctor etc. It's 2021 for crying out loud, not 1821!

When I had my jab, all my details were in their computer. Laser printers are fast. It simply needs a few seconds to print off a recognised certificate of vaccination.

Steve

PS So why do we we have Patient Access AND the NHS app? Why not stick to just one procedure?

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 16th, 2021, 12:41 pm

stevensfo wrote:
production100 wrote:

The big question is that, no matter what form it takes, will the vaccination certificate on your little smartphone be accepted internationally?

Why not? And, if not, why should this be? :

stevensfo wrote:As I have said before, the private Covid testing centres seem to cope very well. Passport number, name of centre, name of doctor etc. It's 2021 for crying out loud, not 1821!

When I had my jab, all my details were in their computer. Laser printers are fast. It simply needs a few seconds to print off a recognised certificate of vaccination.

"a recognised certificate"? Show me one. I have a laser printer, why shouldn't I be able to knock off a "recognised certificate" - regardless of my fully vaccinated status?

stevensfo wrote:PS So why do we we have Patient Access AND the NHS app? Why not stick to just one procedure?

Historically the (for instance) Emis system interface was around before the phone App? Not everyone has a smart phone, even today.

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » May 16th, 2021, 12:54 pm

XFool wrote:
stevensfo wrote:
production100 wrote:Unfortunately as I expected - with no security between the vaccine record and the health records.

stevensfo wrote:As I have said before, the private Covid testing centres seem to cope very well. Passport number, name of centre, name of doctor etc. It's 2021 for crying out loud, not 1821!

"a recognised certificate"? Show me one. I have a laser printer, why shouldn't I be able to knock off a "recognised certificate" - regardless of my fully vaccinated status?

stevensfo wrote:PS So why do we we have Patient Access AND the NHS app? Why not stick to just one procedure?

Historically the (for instance) Emis system interface was around before the phone App? Not everyone has a smart phone, even today.

Because all my Covid test certificates have, in addition to the details of the test, an address, contact details, telephone numbers and a signature from the doctor. This allows verification wherever necessary. I have Covid test certificates from the UK and Italy and they are all the same in this respect.

They check this at the airport. It's not difficult. The vaccination centres have our email addresses so in theory, it just mean pressing a button.

Otherwise, they can print out the certificate in 30 seconds.

Steve

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » May 16th, 2021, 1:33 pm

stevensfo wrote:
XFool wrote:
stevensfo wrote:The big question is that, no matter what form it takes, will the vaccination certificate on your little smartphone be accepted internationally?

Because all my Covid test certificates have, in addition to the details of the test, an address, contact details, telephone numbers and a signature from the doctor. This allows verification wherever necessary. I have Covid test certificates from the UK and Italy and they are all the same in this respect.

They check this at the airport. It's not difficult. The vaccination centres have our email addresses so in theory, it just mean pressing a button.

Otherwise, they can print out the certificate in 30 seconds.

I'm not following the point you are making. I am a little handicapped by not having a smartphone, therefore not having the NHS App, therefore no real knowledge of same. However...

The Emis system and the GP medical records are about rather more than providing a COVID Passport. Likewise the NHS App. I assume there is security to your smartphone and to the NHS App on your phone. Access to Patient Records (Emis, NHS App) is similarly both tied to your GP's surgery via initial registration and you certainly need normal password logon for the Emis system online.

When I use the Emis Patient Access system online I can now see my record for the second COVID vaccination on my home page. This is the only medical record directly visible here. It is like seeing a small text file in the root directory of a computer system or account. I don't see any other records unless I descend into the directories that contain that information, as I would normally need to do. I assume with the NHS App it is effectively the same thing - likely a COVID add on to the App would be able to display just this one medical record in a 'COVID Vaccination Status' window? But as I said, I am not in a position to say.

Printed in 30 seconds at the press of a button, complete with printed doctors signature? I could say "How quaint". :)

absolutezero
Lemon Quarter

Postby absolutezero » May 16th, 2021, 5:56 pm

The NHS app now has a section called 'Check your Covid-19 vaccine record'.
That's your vaccine passport by another name.
But it does say 'This service cannot be used to prove your vaccine status for international travel. This service allows you to view details of the vaccinations you have had'.

The 'envy of the world' NHS strikes again. :lol:

Return to “Coronavirus Discussions”