Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Do you know or use these UK Holiday Let agencies?

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please

Have you used or heard of these Holiday Let companies?

I have used SYKES cottages or one of its brands - Abersoch Quality Homes, Best of Suffolk, Carbis Bay Holidays, Character Cottages, Coast and Country Cottages, Coast and Country Holidays, Cornish Cottage Holidays, Dream Cottages, Heart of the Lakes, Helpful Holidays, Hideaways, Hogans Irish Cottages, John Bray, Lakes Cottage Holidays, Lake District Lodge Holidays, Lakelovers, Manor Cottages, Menai Holidays, Northumbria Coast & Country, Welsh Coast and Country Cottages and Yorkshire Coastal Cottages,
22%
I have not used but am aware of SYKES and/or one of its brands
10%
Never heard of SYKES or its brands
22%
I have used TRAVEL CHAPTER or one of its brands - holidaycottages.co.uk, Original Cottages. (full list here https://www.travelchapter.com/brands)
4%
I have not used but am aware of TRAVEL CHAPTER and/or one of its brands e.g. holidaycottages.co.uk, original cottages.
2%
Never heard of TRAVEL CHAPTER or its brands
36%
Other (please comment)
4%

Total votes: 50

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Do you know or use these UK Holiday Let agencies?

Postby Clariman » November 12th, 2022, 11:58 am

We've been put in a position where we have to choose between our 2 holiday let agencies - Travel Chapter who have take over Original Cottages and Sykes who have taken over Northumbria Coast and Country Cottages. I will look at booking history, but interested to have a straw poll about which ones you have heard of or use. Thanks

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: Do you know or use these UK Holiday Let agencies?

Postby redsturgeon » November 13th, 2022, 10:46 am

Have you considered using AirBnB? It seems the go to site for all of my family and friends when booking self catering accomodation.

John

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Postby AF62 » November 13th, 2022, 11:04 am

Not heard of either, but whenever I rent a holiday property (which is multiple times a year) then I always use AirBnb - although those do tend to be for overseas bookings.

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » November 13th, 2022, 3:33 pm

redsturgeon wrote:Have you considered using AirBnB? It seems the go to site for all of my family and friends when booking self catering accomodation.

John

I've considered AirBnB on and off. With each agent having their own booking system, adding a third into the mix seemed a bit complicated. However, if we only have one agent then adding in AirBnB for us to directly manage is workable.

There are some pluses to only having one agent. The selling side works perfectly well with 2 agents, but the maintenance admin is more complicated. Simplifying it to one will make life easier for me.

Redmires
Lemon Slice

Postby Redmires » November 13th, 2022, 5:03 pm

I voted for other as we've used Rural Retreats in the past (expensive but worth it) and booking. com (with added research) for cheaper, last minute stays.

I've heard of Sykes but not in a good way. They were slated for their customer service during and after the pandemic, refusing refunds etc. And they came close to the bottom of the list in a recent 'Which' survey. The Landmark Trust came out top.

https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/holiday ... uxM5N5Bhg4

Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Postby Rhyd6 » November 16th, 2022, 6:50 pm

Speak as you find, we've used Sykes for about 7 holidays throughout UK so far and have another 2 holidays booked through them for next year. We like to take our dog with us and so far we've received excellent service from Sykes and the cottages have been great. After reading the reviews on some of the cottages we've booked I've come to the conclusion that a lot of people expect the Ritz at Butlins prices. The last cottage we stayed in was in Little Stretton and the review from the person who stayed the week before us was awful. They complained about too few coat hangers, sheep on the road outside the place, the entrance to the driveway was awkward, too many pots and pans, too much furniture, the power shower wasn't powerful enough, the stairs had a bend in them. There's fussy and there's nit picking to the 'nth degree. We had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the cottage.

R6

Return to “Does anyone know?”