Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Finding old shares

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
didds
Lemon Half

Finding old shares

Postby didds » May 4th, 2018, 10:33 am

A very long time ago (very early 2000s, even late 90s) I bought about £50 of shares in a small bio-tech company.
I can't find any trace/notes of that dealing now - the broker I used, or even the name of the blinking company ... I'd forgotten about iot for literally over a decade !

Is there any obvious path to finding out how/where/what I own (I don;t suppose for one moment they are worth anything today!). I have nothing at home to "advise" (old emails, scraps of paper in drawers etc). I don;t get certificates each year etc - it would have been a totally managed service etc

didds

k333
2 Lemon pips

Re: Finding old shares

Postby k333 » May 4th, 2018, 11:37 am

Do you have a shareview login? It might be worth checking. I logged in for the first time in many years, to find skeleton details of some very old shareholdings, which were not there before.

- K

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » May 4th, 2018, 1:18 pm

is shareview just a broker - ort some magical site that scours "something" and reports on who owns what and where?

(I don;t have a shareview login, no)

didds

BobbyD
Lemon Half

Postby BobbyD » May 4th, 2018, 1:32 pm

didds wrote:is shareview just a broker - ort some magical site that scours "something" and reports on who owns what and where?

(I don;t have a shareview login, no)

didds

It's the front end of Equiniti, the problem being it won't show shares held in nominee. You can register to see your holdings. the first question they ask being what coimpany you are looking for. Does anything in the list look familliar? https://www-uk.computershare.com/invest ... ration.asp

If you think you bought through a traditional broker you might also try https://www.computershare.com/uk

Although you'd probably get annual statements of the holdings if that were the case.

If it was nominee I guess you'd need to work out which broker you have opened an account with and forgotten about.

dionaeamuscipula
Lemon Quarter

Postby dionaeamuscipula » May 4th, 2018, 3:07 pm

didds wrote:A very long time ago (very early 2000s, even late 90s) I bought about £50 of shares in a small bio-tech company.
I can't find any trace/notes of that dealing now - the broker I used, or even the name of the blinking company ... I'd forgotten about iot for literally over a decade !

Is there any obvious path to finding out how/where/what I own (I don;t suppose for one moment they are worth anything today!). I have nothing at home to "advise" (old emails, scraps of paper in drawers etc). I don;t get certificates each year etc - it would have been a totally managed service etc

didds

Try Link Asset Services (formerly Capita Registrars and before that IRG). They act as registrars for about 60% of listed companies. Let them know your current and any previous addresses in the period since you might have bought. Contact details are on their website, their telephone line is 14p a minute or something, but they also have an e-mail address.

Can you remember what the small bio did? Almost no small listed biotech businesses from the 90s/2000s still exist in their original form, but as I have an interest in the sector I might recognise a description. I owned small holdings in companies like Alizyme and Medisys.

DM

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Postby GoSeigen » May 4th, 2018, 8:49 pm

didds wrote:A very long time ago (very early 2000s, even late 90s) I bought about £50 of shares in a small bio-tech company.

didds

Did you post about them on any BB?

GS

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » May 5th, 2018, 8:52 am

If I did post about them, i woulnd;t know which one now either... :)

didds

Return to “Does anyone know?”