Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Cheapish mp3 players that display folders?

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Cheapish mp3 players that display folders?

Postby stevensfo » May 16th, 2018, 9:37 am

I'm looking for an mp3 player to use with our bluetooth radio and speaker, and wonder if there are any that display the folders that the music is stored in. My music is well organised: Folders for Contemporary, Classical, Audio books etc, then folders inside for Artists, Composers...etc. So far, whenever I insert an SD card or even USB stick in something, all I see is the whole list of everything in alphabetical order, and I really don't want to spend hours scrolling through it!

The one device that does display the folders is my smartphone, but I'd rather use a dedicated mp3 player.

Are there any that will display the music as originally stored?

Steve

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: Cheapish mp3 players that display folders?

Postby kiloran » May 16th, 2018, 10:31 am

My Sansa Clip Zip can display music by folder or artist or album or genre: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sansa-Clip-Zip ... B005FVNGRS though it is no longer available.

The current range of Sansa MP3 players appear to be very similar https://www.sandisk.com/home/mp3-players

--kiloran

gryffron
Lemon Quarter

Postby gryffron » May 16th, 2018, 12:20 pm

If a phone does what you want, then just use a phone. Don't worry about the label. You can always put it in airplane mode to save power. Second hand phones are available dirt cheap on the high street.

Gryff

montehampster

Postby montehampster » May 16th, 2018, 3:48 pm

I bought an AGPTEK 16gb (will also take an SD card - mine is 64gb) Bluetooth MP3 player from Amazon.

I use it mainly for the gym but it connects seamlessly to my Cambridge Audio Sound Base for home use and a portable speaker. My phone does as well of course but for £30 it wouldn't be the end of the world if I dropped it or lost it!

Straightforward drag and drop.

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » May 17th, 2018, 11:23 am

I bought an AGPTEK

Hi,
Does it display the folders you originally organised the music in, like the Sansa? That's important due to the large number of tracks I have.

Other than that, I like the idea of an old smartphone. I have an old Huawei that is in perfect working order even after 6 years, but no longer used due to no modern apps working with it.

Steve

montehampster

Postby montehampster » May 19th, 2018, 12:49 pm

Yes it does display the folders as in "My Music" on the PC.

Only issue is on the Hard Drive it will move from one folder to the next (or albums within a folder) but not on the SD card. I did look at the Sansa Clip but the lack of an SD card was a killer for me (my current collection is 45gb and still growing!).

Return to “Does anyone know?”