Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

UPDATE was "The Media: Seeking thoughts/experiences on being interviewed."

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
SlugPizza

Postby SlugPizza » July 25th, 2018, 1:48 pm

Moderator Message:
RS: As you know this board is for simple questions with a straightforward answer. I cannot detect any such question in this post but I'm damned if I can think of the best board for it to be posted on. DAK ?

Hello Everyone.

It's been a busy year and I am in need of more education, I thought I would pop back here and was stunned to see that it was a whole year since I embarked upon the new mission, amazing. It's been a long and education filled year for me - you may recall from the old Fool Forum I was more a technical person but it seems I can "do" people to some extent as well.

This is the link to the thread about my newbie media concerns last year.

Good-heavens I have just had to relearn how to type BBcode, I used to do that on the fly in the olden days.

This week I've been practicing writing my name - autograph hunters are expected, and in these days of smart-phone social media (which I hate with a vengeance) the PR advisers (yes they are expensive aren't they - I'm glad not paying for this service myself) have suggested some tips on poses and what to do with my hands. After far too many hours studying and reviewing successful and unsuccessful selfie streams I have concluded the following: Average people have little idea about how they look when taking pictures, the so called celebrities have spent a lot longer then I could ever consider on getting the right "look" they invest hours and hundreds of photographs to capture that one "killer" still photograph - this is total insanity, do they do nothing else? I fear the answer is no. But the tips I've been given to produce instant pose are great, I promise never to look at these pictures myself least I seek twenty reshoots with ring-lights around the camera and just a bit more up-lighting.

Then there is practicing being spontaneous, it's odd being one person doing my "thing" and then another when the media seek their material to fill a few inches.

The real funny part was flicking through a glossy magazine last night (published earlier this year) then finding a picture of myself in The Society Pages, hilarious.

Enough for now - I can't recall what I was looking for today - I was going to post something - but the garden is calling once more.

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » July 25th, 2018, 1:56 pm

SlugPizza wrote:After far too many hours studying and reviewing successful and unsuccessful selfie streams I have concluded the following: Average people have little idea about how they look when taking pictures, the so called celebrities have spent a lot longer then I could ever consider on getting the right "look" they invest hours and hundreds of photographs to capture that one "killer" still photograph - this is total insanity, do they do nothing else?

It's not just celebrities. And your definition of "average people" is biased by your own experiences.

My nieces in their twenties explained to me it's all about "knowing your angles". They do, I don't, it seems.

Scott.

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » July 26th, 2018, 8:35 am

I've just read this and the original topic. I must say that it is all very intriguing! I hope you are enjoying it or at least finding it satisfying. :)

Clariman

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Postby AleisterCrowley » July 26th, 2018, 9:35 am

Hopefully the mods can fix the typo in the title !!

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Re: UPDATE was "The Media: Seeking thoughts/experiences on being interviewed."

Postby AleisterCrowley » July 28th, 2018, 10:35 am

AleisterCrowley wrote:Hopefully the mods can fix the typo in the title !!

Done, thanks !

Return to “Does anyone know?”