Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Ebuyer cashback

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
didds
Lemon Half

Ebuyer cashback

Postby didds » May 20th, 2018, 10:37 pm

DAK anything about the alleged ebuyer cashback deals?

I see them on the website, but can't find any other details. Ive tested a purchase and got all the way to the "click and buy" last page - but still nothing, and the final price is the full price?

??

didds

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: Ebuyer cashback

Postby Itsallaguess » May 21st, 2018, 4:53 am

didds wrote:
DAK anything about the alleged ebuyer cashback deals?

I see them on the website, but can't find any other details. Ive tested a purchase and got all the way to the "click and buy" last page - but still nothing, and the final price is the full price?

I've used them successfully in the past Didds, but if you could link to an example then it might help us to be more specific, as I'd expect most cash-back offers to be unique to each participating company.

I recall that the last time I got a cash-back deal from Ebuyer, it was for a 4-disk Micro-server, and the whole process went through without any issues at all, although there were a couple of simple hoops to jump through to qualify for the cash redemption.

In my case, I also paid the 'full price' at the time (although it was heavily discounted, which, along with the cash-back offer, made the deal extremely good value...), and claimed the cash-back once delivery had taken place (using the Ebuyer receipt as evidence for the cash-back deal...), so I imagine the example you've looked at will be similar.

A link to the example you were looking at would be great, as I'd imagine we can be more specifically helpful then..

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » May 21st, 2018, 7:55 am

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » May 21st, 2018, 8:00 am

Found it - there was a link Id not seen (hiding trees in a wood!) to here

https://h41201.www4.hp.com/WMCF.Web/uk/ ... 6/Details/

didds

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » May 21st, 2018, 9:58 am

didds wrote:
Found it - there was a link Id not seen (hiding trees in a wood!) to here

https://h41201.www4.hp.com/WMCF.Web/uk/ ... 6/Details/

Glad you got there Didds - if it's any help then the last cash-back deal I did via Ebuyer was also a HP offer, and that went through very smoothly, but you do need to make sure that you follow all the steps to the letter, and within the timescales detailed.

As an aside, the printer deal looks like a good value one, but do check on things like cartridge re-fill prices etc. before committing, as these can sometimes catch you by surprise once you've bought the printer itself.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » May 21st, 2018, 10:29 am

Itsallaguess wrote:As an aside, the printer deal looks like a good value one, but do check on things like cartridge re-fill prices etc. before committing, as these can sometimes catch you by surprise once you've bought the printer itself.

Itsallaguess

Agreed .,.. I checked and they aren't the cheapest (although the "alternative" manufacturer cartridge price wasn't bad)... but inkjet cartridges aren't cheap either and in the past our usage is so minimal that they end up evaporating and/or clogging the jets up anyway, so I'm happy enough .

Then the family can hopefully all print directly to the thing and stop bugging me to print ti off for them! (current printer is a very old HP laser printer that only works via usb cable to a XP/vista system - no drivers for win7 and above. HP1010 - and even though Ive tried printing from a win7 system via the HP1010 as a network printer with rendering all done on the vista system its proved very hit and miss)

Only real downside is I now no longer have a scanner. We'll have to live with that, and go and use my mum's !

didds

Return to “Does anyone know?”