Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

emails for portfolio profit warning

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
Salimandre

emails for portfolio profit warning

Postby Salimandre » June 7th, 2018, 2:43 pm

My apologies, I've tried searching here and on Google but couldn't find the answer

I've a HYP portfolio, and i would really like to receive emails for profit warnings
The portfolio is set up in London Stock Exchange site but I could easily replicate elsewhere
I can see how to set up emails for events, but profit warning is not listed as an event!
Ideally I don't want all notifications, but just those I should be worried about ;)
Any suggestions gratefully received - thank you!

BobbyD
Lemon Half

Re: emails for portfolio profit warning

Postby BobbyD » June 8th, 2018, 10:32 pm

Have you tried https://www.investegate.co.uk/Index.aspx ?

Email me all announcements:

General Dividends Result, trading reports, Executive changes, Director deals, Advance notice of result, M&A, disposal

No need to set up a portfolio just add companies to your list and select which updates you want for each.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » June 9th, 2018, 1:57 pm

BobbyD wrote:Email me all announcements:
General Dividends Result, trading reports, Executive changes, Director deals, Advance notice of result, M&A, disposal

And that appears to be Salimandre's problem. What appears to be wanted is just the announcements with a profit warning - and there isn't an official event type specifically for those. Usually they are tucked away in one or other of the above categories.

BobbyD
Lemon Half

Postby BobbyD » June 9th, 2018, 3:01 pm

Breelander wrote:
BobbyD wrote:Email me all announcements:

And that appears to be Salimandre's problem. What appears to be wanted is just the announcements with a profit warning - and there isn't an official event type specifically for those. Usually they are tucked away in one or other of the above categories.

That's not quite how I read it re events but profit warnings are not listed as an events.

Salimandre

Postby Salimandre » June 12th, 2018, 2:52 pm

Thanks BobbyD, Breelander
Yes i really just wanted profit warnings - guess I'll have to do the manual (human) filter, which is a bit of a pain with well over 40 shares!
appreciate your advice
thanks
Sali

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » June 12th, 2018, 3:56 pm

By the time you see a profit warning it'll probably be too late to do much about it. You could have a trigger that goes off if the price of one of your shares drops by 10% or more, that might be just about as good, and much easier to do.

1/2 :-)

Scott.

johnhemming
Lemon Quarter

Postby johnhemming » June 12th, 2018, 5:10 pm

Its worth studying these to see how many of them are at 7am. I know many announcements are done early in the day before the market opens. That has to be a factor in consideration to work out whether it is possible given someone's lifestyle to send market instructions as the market opens. I do a school run where I am normally parked just before 8am - that enables me to contact my broker before the market opens and try to respond quickly. However, even then it is difficult to get a price which is better than the price following any news.

Return to “Does anyone know?”