Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Using the Lemon Fool forum more productively

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Using the Lemon Fool forum more productively

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » June 11th, 2018, 7:31 pm

Ok, so we (Matt and Mel) are quite new here, and starting to ask a few questions and talk to a few people.

We quite like Lemon Fool!

But one thing we are struggling with is where to find a listing of each topic that we have started. I appreciate that we have got "show my posts" in one's personal account area, but scrolling the list is starting to get a bit tedious....so is there a place in our profile/user control where we can just see the topics themselves - that being a link to the starting post #1 for each topic respectively?

thanks Matt and Mel

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Re: Using the Lemon Fool forum more productively

Postby PinkDalek » June 11th, 2018, 8:32 pm

I've never used it until now but if you click on the spanner above, you can Bookmark a topic you've started.

You should then be able to see what you've Bookmarked here ucp.php?i=ucp_main&mode=bookmarks

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » June 11th, 2018, 9:07 pm

https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/search.php?search_id=egosearch

It's "Your posts" under "Quick links" at the top left (just below the lemon).

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » June 11th, 2018, 9:15 pm

Thank you PinkDalek and mc2fool.

Yes I already knew of the bookmark feature - but thanks for replying.

The quick links "Your posts" is as near I can hope to get I think. It seems to list all the topics we've ever authored, and all those of topics created by others which we've contributed to aswell. Still it will help us find the exact content a bit quicker than otherwise.

:D

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » June 11th, 2018, 10:45 pm

Melanie wrote:The quick links "Your posts" is as near I can hope to get I think. It seems to list all the topics we've ever authored, and all those of topics created by others which we've contributed to aswell.

Ah, sorry, overlooked the topic-only requirement.

Click the Advanced Search cog at the very top right of the page. Leave Search for keywords blank but stick Melanie in Search for author. Leave Search in forums blank to search all of them (or select the ones you want), and below select First post of topics only and Topics and click Search... :D

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » June 11th, 2018, 10:55 pm

Melanie wrote: one thing we are struggling with is where to find a listing of each topic that we have started...
...so is there a place in our profile/user control where we can just see the topics themselves...

There is one way I know, but only if you do a bit of work to create it. You need to subscribe to the posts you have started.

You can subscribe to forums or posts, then they will be listed in /ucp.php?i=main&mode=subscribed as two lists, one called 'Watched forums' and another called 'Watched posts'. Here they will be marked with a red icon if there are any unread replies.

You will also have any new replies to subscribed posts, new replies in subscribed forums, or new topics in subscribed forums listed in the 'Notifications' near the top right of every page, along with the number of any such new notifications. Click on Notifications to see what they are.

To subscribe to a topic, click the 'spanner' topic tools to the right of [next post] at the top or bottom of the post.

To subscribe to a forum, scroll to the very bottom of a Forum view.

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » June 12th, 2018, 6:03 am

Thanks again. TBH I think my best bet for now is using the "The quick links - Your posts" feature.

Matt

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » June 12th, 2018, 12:36 pm

Melanie wrote:Thanks again. TBH I think my best bet for now is using the "The quick links - Your posts" feature.

Matt

That method gets you to all Topics to which you've contributed.

To see your posts only (both of you that is), can you see this to the right on this thread?:

Melanie
2 Lemon pips

That'll take you to all your individual posts only.

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » June 12th, 2018, 12:56 pm

Melanie wrote:Thanks again. TBH I think my best bet for now is using the "The quick links - Your posts" feature.

Well ok, but the Advanced Search method gives you exactly what you want and it while might have sounded complex in my posting in reality it's just click Melanie click click click and immediately gets you the list of the (so far) 26 topics you've started, being IIUC, what you wanted.

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » June 12th, 2018, 6:11 pm

Ok, thanks again, with what mc2fool, PinkDalek and Breelander said, we have all that we need.

Matt

Return to “Does anyone know?”