Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

virtual portfolio board info

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
mutantpoodle
Lemon Quarter

virtual portfolio board info

Postby mutantpoodle » July 3rd, 2018, 5:59 pm

unable to find a specific or evn more appropriate board (please admin replace if rqed)

following new site and system with iii I find new pages absolutely no good at all
OK Its me but I had no difficulies before, now everything is hard work

where has everyone else moved to?

only require basic info
price (more/less current..so 15 mins delay is OK)
info
discussion
charts

any views??

formoverfunction
Lemon Slice

Re: virtual portfolio board info

Postby formoverfunction » July 3rd, 2018, 6:36 pm

I remained with ii, but also created a virtual portfolio with LSE (London Stock Exchange). Created a new email account and requested LSE to send me RNS for my holding to that address.

Installed the Discourse app on my mobile device for ii chat. That makes the whole experienc of chat better.

I recreated my virtual portfolio on ii, so I've now got a back up VP as well as a locally stored one using Gnucash.

Between those and using my brokers trading sites I feel covered.

- 2 VP's, 1 local and brokers sites and using ii chat, but with the Discourse app and making use of the "tags" function, has given me all I need and a disaster recovery plan!

I've always kept my ii chat/vp seperate from my trading account, for some extra security, so seperate email addresses for both.

- and kept them in seperate "cookie jars" using multiprofile in Firefox.

Overall, the chat has dwindled on ii, but I'm happy to give it time and "drop in" to other sites if I really want to see what others are thinking.

I find it easy to navigate the new site: "tagging" and searching with stock name (lse:vod), means you get updated even if not logged in (using the moble app) and you can get easily to the stock pages from the search function even if the stock isn't in your vp.

I don't use the chart function on ii's VP site, as I prefer to access those from my trade account(s).

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » July 4th, 2018, 9:23 am

I had a virtual portfolio on iii.co.uk before the change and it is still available on the new site, although I have to turn my mobile to landscape to see the figures.

I also used the ADVFN monitor, and that works better on the mobile app than on a browser. That is because in a browser they throw you out when your time is up, whereas the app just stops updating.

I also use the Bloomberg app to have a watchlist, but you are limited to about 25 shares in each of two lists.

Another one which I use is Trustnet, originally for funds, but it also works for shares.

DigitalLook is yet another, and they send a daily email update. Useful for looking back in time.

Hope that is useful.

TJH

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » July 4th, 2018, 11:26 am

tjh290633 wrote:DigitalLook is yet another, and they send a daily email update. Useful for looking back in time.

I use the DigitalLook virtual portfolio too. http://www.digitallook.com/help_guides/ ... _home.html

Back in 2015 there was a long discussion on this in 'the old place' when Moneyextra closed their portfolio service....
https://web.archive.org/web/20161122014 ... sort=whole
... I did some comparisons for that thread and ended up opening an FT portfolio to run alongside my DL one (free registration on the FT is sufficient).
https://help.ft.com/help/portfolio-and- ... portfolio/

Morningstar looked like another good one to try.
http://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/portfol ... folio.aspx

I can't say what any of them look like on a phone though, as I don't use one.

Return to “Does anyone know?”