Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Should I bother with Swiss Francs for 1 night stay?

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Should I bother with Swiss Francs for 1 night stay?

Postby Clariman » July 30th, 2018, 3:50 pm

Wondering whether I can survive with Euros and credit cards for a 1 night stay enroute through Switzerland. Full question here

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=12925

Thanks

earlsgate

Re: Should I bother with Swiss Francs for 1 night stay?

Postby earlsgate » July 31st, 2018, 7:16 pm

you would think that you should not really have to bother in a modern up to date country such as Switzerland, with all its diplomatic activity and the like, but living close to its borders and making occasional trips to Geneva, to pick up airport arrivals has consistently proved that there is a weird attitude by the swiss commerce to foreign currency and the use of credit cards.

I guess this applies to the small bills I would be paying for a cafe or a stay at a camp sites, where they seem to get most upset that they would be missing out a few pence and are almost in tears or making threats when I say I have no alternative! Worth checking out for the amusement value before admitting you have a debit card which even still brings look of horror

All this is in marked contrast to the same use a few miles away in France where no hassle is encountered whatsoever

Return to “Does anyone know?”