Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Unilever - Dutch trading rqmts for Excluded Holders?

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
vandefrosty
Lemon Pip

Unilever - Dutch trading rqmts for Excluded Holders?

Postby vandefrosty » September 17th, 2018, 4:43 pm

Hello all,

I wanted to keep this separate from the discussion elsewhere on the merits of the Unilever simplification.

The terms define me as an Excluded Shareholder on the basis of being resident in Canada. So I will still receive New NV shares on the Dutch register, but will not be eligible to register my holding via CREST or Euroclear Nederland. So trading them, should the need ever arise, is going to be a bit complicated.

The documents indicate:
The formalities for transferring New NV Ordinary Shares in registered form, including the execution of a private Dutch deed, will be unfamiliar to many PLC Shareholders

Indeed they are unfamiliar (!), and there is very little information about what this really means. Unilever hasn't indicated anything in its published documentation, nor does it include any links to where such information might be found. Google doesn't highlight anything obvious either.

Do any Fools have prior experience of what this Dutch process is, or where one might look to discover more about it?

Thanks in advance,
Greg

Return to “Does anyone know?”