Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Amplifiers, cd players, speakers et al

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Amplifiers, cd players, speakers et al

Postby terminal7 » October 30th, 2018, 5:53 pm

I have a very old wifi system all linked into a amplifier (with built in am/fm/lw/mw radio). A turntable, 2 speakers and a cd player are all wired to the amplifier.

Fed up with all the wires and never use the turntable.

Anyone with suggestions for an integrated cd/radio/amplifier? I intend to keep the speakers. Willing to pay up to say £200/250.

Incidentally - are their machines with a dvd function that I can link to the TV?

I know I should have a wifi system for the lot - but I just do not want to be dependent on the providers - have had so much hassle with a variety of providers with outage problems.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

T7

killergorilla

Re: Amplifiers, cd players, speakers et al

Postby killergorilla » October 30th, 2018, 8:28 pm

I have a Yamaha amplifier which has a dedicated Bluetooth channel for Spotify etc. via phone.
I also have a CD player and turntable which personally I quite like. Mine is all hidden away. That way when I get the urge I can go an put on some analogue music, when not I just connect up my phone and pipe music through there.
On DVD is the TV near the amp? Otherwise that will be an issue. If you're not an audiophile take a look at a Samsung Home Theatre system. It does blu-ray, CD, DVD, Bluetooth, WiFi direct and Aux in. It's a pretty good all in one solution and does everything you say below. A little extra spent and you can make your rear speakers wireless radically reducing the cable runs.
For Radio I gave up having one and simply use 'TuneIn' on my phone (piped through the Bluetooth). Then I can have radio from anywhere in the world.
Good luck
KG

tea42
Lemon Slice

Re: Amplifiers, cd players, speakers et al

Postby tea42 » October 30th, 2018, 10:33 pm

I recently upgraded my system with a Denon AVR 2400 amplifier, with my existing Bluray player and my existing speakers. The amplifier, which is surround sound job has a thing called HEOS built in. This is brilliant because it can access Spotify, Tidal, Tune in Radio, Amazon Music, your phone and other music sources via a wifi internet connection. To be honest I have almost given up my CDs and the music on the hard disc of the Blu Ray player. I now access music via the high quality version of Tidal. Its all controlled from your tablet or phone.
Not what you said you want, but if you want a very simple setup that gives you absolutely everything in home entertainment that connects to your TV offering superb sound its worth a look.

Return to “Does anyone know?”