Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Night vision goggles

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
Loup321
Lemon Slice

Night vision goggles

Postby Loup321 » November 7th, 2018, 1:54 pm

I asked my nephew (aged 10) what he would like for Christmas. Night vision goggles came up as an idea. My sister said that he had recently bought some night vision goggles that he'd seen advertised on tv and he really had to have that brand that day (with his own money, so not a lot my sister could do to stop it), and they were just goggles with a little green light on the side. Apparently, there are "Military" night vision goggles on ebay that are cheaper than what he spent, and he might like them.

Now, I've searched on ebay, and there are some with the word "Military" in the description, but they are just green tinted lenses with a little green light, so probably similar to what he already has. There are also some that are in the region of £1000, and much as I love my nephew I'm not buying them for him.

1. Is there likely to be any difference between what my nephew already has and the cheap (<£10) ones on ebay?
2. Do these cheap ones actually work? On an impatient 10-year-old?
3. Any recommendations? Below £20 if possible.

Thank in advance,

Lou

Return to “Does anyone know?”