Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Amazon Prime video on TV

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
brightncheerful
Lemon Quarter

Amazon Prime video on TV

Postby brightncheerful » November 15th, 2018, 2:10 pm

Mrs Bnc watches Amazon Prime videos on our TV via my account with Amazon. But for reasons that need not concern she has just messed up the home page menu settings so needs to start over (deregister the device (TV), download and reinstall Amazon app onto the tv, re-register the device).

What we don't know and I haven't found any info on my account is what happens to any Prime videos that she has purchased. I'm guessing that we are not downloading the video itself, but simply linking to it. When i deregister, are any pre-existing purchases also deleted? Or are the purchases unaffected and would reappear when I re-register?

tia
Bnc

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Re: Amazon Prime video on TV

Postby UncleIan » November 15th, 2018, 2:41 pm

I would be astounded if it wasn't stored against your amazon account, and reinstalling the app would have no effect. Otherwise people would lose everything when they bought a new TV.

wheypat
Lemon Slice

Postby wheypat » November 20th, 2018, 11:14 am

brightncheerful wrote:Mrs Bnc watches Amazon Prime videos on our TV via my account with Amazon. But for reasons that need not concern she has just messed up the home page menu settings so needs to start over (deregister the device (TV), download and reinstall Amazon app onto the tv, re-register the device).

What we don't know and I haven't found any info on my account is what happens to any Prime videos that she has purchased. I'm guessing that we are not downloading the video itself, but simply linking to it. When i deregister, are any pre-existing purchases also deleted? Or are the purchases unaffected and would reappear when I re-register?

tia
Bnc

It is stored against the account - I know as I bought a TV series when I was abroad last year (Big Little Lies - highy recomended) which I watched on my firestick, then re-watched with the missus when I came home on a TV with built in Prime.

brightncheerful
Lemon Quarter

Postby brightncheerful » November 21st, 2018, 4:35 pm

Soon after the Amazon settings messed up, Mrs Bnc discovered that some TV channels were not showing. I checked and found that some engineering works in the region were causing poor signal. Normally service resumed next day and soon after so did Amazon.

Your comments confirmed what I'd suspected, thank you.

chas49
Lemon Quarter

Postby chas49 » November 21st, 2018, 10:12 pm

brightncheerful wrote:Soon after the Amazon settings messed up, Mrs Bnc discovered that some TV channels were not showing. I checked and found that some engineering works in the region were causing poor signal. Normally service resumed next day and soon after so did Amazon.

Your comments confirmed what I'd suspected, thank you.

Glad to hear it's fixed, though I can't think of any way that TV reception issues would affect your Amazon viewing.

brightncheerful
Lemon Quarter

Postby brightncheerful » November 23rd, 2018, 12:55 pm

Perhaps the Amazon fault was caused by interruption to the internet wifi connection? I have two separate broadband systems.

Return to “Does anyone know?”