Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

fire extinguisher disposal and puraflo system

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
pancake101
Lemon Pip

fire extinguisher disposal and puraflo system

Postby pancake101 » January 30th, 2019, 12:01 pm

I have a puraflo system- which means the septic tank fluid goes through peat blocks before going into a drain. New houses have to have this (Scotland) where there is no main sewer and poor peculation.

The fire safety person here today to check my extinguishers and blanket and said that foam extinguisher needed to emptied and refilled as it was over 5 years old, To do this he had to discharge this down the toilet - not down a drain as per SEPA rules (Scottish Environment Protection Agency the same folk that rule you need a puraflo system). The chap had no idea if it was safe for the peat, though was safe for septic tanks.

I decided to buy a new extinguisher as no time to check if ok or not to put down loo.

Now looking I cannot find who to contact to find out if it is safe for the peat. I have already had to replace the peat earlier than usual due to people putting fats down the sink, not a cheap or easy process.

Does Anyone know ? TIA

Return to “Does anyone know?”