Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Amazon returns and Hermes

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
didds
Lemon Half

Amazon returns and Hermes

Postby didds » February 6th, 2019, 9:05 am

Back on 26th Jan I dropped a amazon return (unworking) item at a local Hermes collection point. I can see from its tracking

29/01/2019 12:47 On its way back to the retailer
28/01/2019 19:22 Entered the Hermes network
26/01/2019 13:12 Dropped off at the ParcelShop

no update for over a week.

Looking at the Hermes network to see if I can chase this along it says

"If the parcel you are querying has been ordered from a retailer we deliver on behalf of, we are contractually unable to discuss this with you directly. Please contact the retailer’s customer service team, who we assure you will contact Hermes on your behalf if required."

So that doesn;t really cover my scenario, but there are no other contact details anyway.

Ive looked on amazon for the item involved and cant see anyway to contact THEM .

DAK how I can try and chase this along?

cheers

didds

taylor20
Lemon Pip

Re: Amazon returns and Hermes

Postby taylor20 » February 6th, 2019, 12:33 pm

After much searching, Neither can I!

I presume you could contact the (3rd party?) seller, and hope they have a direct route to either Amazon or the Courier.

Strangely I usually get refunded as soon as the parcel is dropped off at the Parcel Shop (maybe as I'm an Amazon Prime subscriber?). Generally I have been really impressed with this. Seems like one more nail in the High street's coffin - 5 min walk to the parcel shop or a nightmare drive to town and back.

Julian
Lemon Quarter

Re: amzon returns and Hermes

Postby Julian » February 6th, 2019, 12:35 pm

I can’t post you a final link because it wants me to log in and there’s no point in giving a link to my account details but I searched Amazon UK help for “contact customer services”, clicked on the first link (“Support options & contact us”) and then the last section has an “If you want to talk to a person” link. That’s where it asked me to sign in but I’ve used that facility before and there’s even a button (once you’re signed into your account) to request that Amazon call you. When I’ve used that facility a couple of times in the past my phone has rung within 60 seconds of hitting the “Call me” button with a live Amazon customer representative on the other end of the line.

Here’s the link to as far as I can go in the help section without having to log into my account...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/custom ... 158&sr=1-1

- Julian

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » February 6th, 2019, 1:51 pm

taylor20 wrote:After much searching, Neither can I!

I presume you could contact the (3rd party?) seller, and hope they have a direct route to either Amazon or the Courier.

I thought that too... but the seller IS amazon

"Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L."

didds

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » February 6th, 2019, 2:03 pm

Big UP to Julian!

Following his suggestion I was able to "chat" to amazon CS who aside from the usual requesting all the information already provided at the top of the call, are dealing with my refund immediately. So hopefully in 5-6 days my refund will be back in my sweaty mitts :-)

didds

Maroochydore
Lemon Slice

Postby Maroochydore » February 8th, 2019, 11:03 am

didds wrote: So hopefully in 5-6 days my refund will be back in my sweaty mitts :-)

Check your bank now. I had notification about an Ammo refund on 6 February stating it would be in my bank in 5-7 business days but it actually arrived today, less than two days.

Return to “Does anyone know?”