Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

A Valid Excuse?

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
monabri
Lemon Half

A Valid Excuse?

Postby monabri » April 28th, 2019, 11:25 am

At the start of April I filled in an ISA transfer form. The completed form was returned to my new ISA manager who in turn forwarded the form onto my old bank. Unfortunately, the form supplied to me had the new ISA managers old address on it. No problem as they claimed they had set up an auto redirect facility for their old mail to their new address (*). The cheques from my old bank were posted and have "disappeared". The email I received from my new ISA manager was

"Please accept our apologies for the delay in this transfer. My have recently moved address and the paperwork from xxxxx Bank was sent to our old office. We had arranged with the Royal Mail for a redirection service but have only found out a couple of days ago when we received a letter from them that they are unable to do so due to multiple companies using the building of our old address which is now vacant."

I would have thought the Royal Mail would be able to handle such a situation? Wouldn't the post arrive at the sorting office and then be redirected to the new address?

(*) the new ISA manager initially claimed that the cheques would have been returned to sender. The sender claims that the cheques were posted "signed for".. and they have not received them back.

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Re: A Valid Excuse?

Postby UncleEbenezer » April 28th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Name and shame!

Your new provider is behaving like a one-man-band operating from a back bedroom, and even then it would be inexcusable to send paperwork with an old address and no note about moving (unless perhaps you had been sitting on that paperwork for a long time since they supplied it)?

And who the **** sends a cheque in the post to a dodgy address to transfer a client's money?

monabri
Lemon Half

Re: A Valid Excuse?

Postby monabri » April 28th, 2019, 12:36 pm

UncleEbenezer wrote:Name and shame!

Your new provider is behaving like a one-man-band operating from a back bedroom, and even then it would be inexcusable to send paperwork with an old address and no note about moving (unless perhaps you had been sitting on that paperwork for a long time since they supplied it)?

And who the **** sends a cheque in the post to a dodgy address to transfer a client's money?

I received the form on the 2nd April 2019 as a .pdf attachement and posted it back to SVS, Royal mail, on 3rd April.

A fuller picture of what is gong on is given here if anyone is interested (SVS Brokers). Losing a cheque or two is one thing but this....?

viewtopic.php?p=213616#p213616

Return to “Does anyone know?”