Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Please take a GOV.UK survey

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
Nocton
Lemon Slice

Please take a GOV.UK survey

Postby Nocton » May 11th, 2019, 11:07 am

For the past two weeks or so I have been receiving emails from GOV.UK inviting me to participate in a government survey (I previously agreed to take part and have done one over the phone as well as on-line). The wording is:
Thank you for your participation so far in the GOV.UK user research panel.
We would like to invite you to participate in an online research session:

followed by a hyper-link to what one expects to be the relevant page. However the link gives a "Page not found 400" error. After a couple of these emails, showing exactly the same link with exactly the same results, I emailed GOV.UK using the contact link from their hmrc page from where I originally gave permission to be included in their surveys. I have had no reply and the emails keep coming. So I decided to use the unsubscribe option on the emails and again got page not found.

So now when these emails arrive I just delete them.
My questions are:
    Has anyone else had this experience?
    Could the emails be scams/spoofs? They look genuine in exactly the format I have had emails from GOV.UK in the past.

supremetwo
Lemon Quarter

Re: Please take a GOV.UK survey

Postby supremetwo » May 11th, 2019, 1:44 pm

Nocton wrote:For the past two weeks or so I have been receiving emails from GOV.UK inviting me to participate in a government survey (I previously agreed to take part and have done one over the phone as well as on-line). The wording is:
Thank you for your participation so far in the GOV.UK user research panel.
We would like to invite you to participate in an online research session:

followed by a hyper-link to what one expects to be the relevant page. However the link gives a "Page not found 400" error. After a couple of these emails, showing exactly the same link with exactly the same results, I emailed GOV.UK using the contact link from their hmrc page from where I originally gave permission to be included in their surveys. I have had no reply and the emails keep coming. So I decided to use the unsubscribe option on the emails and again got page not found.

So now when these emails arrive I just delete them.
My questions are:
    Has anyone else had this experience?
    Could the emails be scams/spoofs? They look genuine in exactly the format I have had emails from GOV.UK in the past.

Poor IT design?

Have you tried entering the link here?
https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Or if it's not specific to yourself, post the link here.

Nocton
Lemon Slice

Re: Please take a GOV.UK survey

Postby Nocton » May 12th, 2019, 9:50 am

Many thanks, supremetwo, for the web site. It says it is not just me. Here is the link:
https://survey.take-part-in-research.se ... 1a4a16015e

The odd thing is that you'd have thought they would have sorted it by now, especially after I emailed them to alert them to the problem. Or is the whole IT department run by AI? That's why I have been wondering if this is some sort of scam, but can't see what the point is, if so.

Return to “Does anyone know?”