Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Notre Dame Scaffolding Removal

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
neversay
Lemon Slice

Notre Dame Scaffolding Removal

Postby neversay » May 15th, 2019, 9:49 am

DAK how the 250 tons of scaffolding left overarching Notre Dame will be removed?

I did some googling but can't figure out what method they will use. Surely using cranes could bring the whole structure down, while trying to loosen the charred joints or cut through the scaffold will itself be difficult as they need to access the structure from the top. Any ideas?

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: Notre Dame Scaffolding Removal

Postby redsturgeon » May 15th, 2019, 4:13 pm

Would it be too glib to say "very carefully"?

I would imagine that more scaffolding would be put in place to support what needed supporting and then once that is in place and secure they can start removing all of the old unsafe stuff.

John

neversay
Lemon Slice

Re: Notre Dame Scaffolding Removal

Postby neversay » May 15th, 2019, 5:24 pm

redsturgeon wrote:I would imagine that more scaffolding would be put in place to support what needed supporting and then once that is in place and secure they can start removing all of the old unsafe stuff.

John

No doubt it will be a huge construction and having to bridge without being able to anchor into the roof like the previous structure. Thinking about it more perhaps they will scaffold and cover the whole structure while the renovations take place.

I was asking because I wouldn't know where to start and haven't seen scaffolding on that scale before. The lashed bamboo scaffolding used in some parts of Asia is a sight to behold though!

Return to “Does anyone know?”