Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh, for Donating to support the site

Jeyes Fluid

Straight answers to factual questions
Forum rules
Direct questions and answers, this room is not for general discussion please
BrummieDave
Lemon Slice

Jeyes Fluid

Postby BrummieDave » May 17th, 2019, 8:01 pm

I've been using a dilute mixture of this for years all around the base of the external walls of our house to keep the billions of outdoor ants we get every year at bay. I originally started using it when a local 'ant man' told me he was retiring, and that's all he ever put down anyway. It's worked a treat for me ever since.

I've just opened a new 5 litre can, and poured some into my 'kill the ants' watering can to dilute, and its now green and smells of pine disinfectant, rather than brown, and smelling of coal tar. Nothing on the manufacturers website even hints at this, and the can even says it's an old original formula. Like heck it is. Other discussion boards on websites have people saying the same as me.

Anyone else noticed?

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: Jeyes Fluid

Postby Itsallaguess » May 17th, 2019, 8:11 pm

BrummieDave wrote:
I've just opened a new 5 litre can, and poured some into my 'kill the ants' watering can to dilute, and its now green and smells of pine disinfectant, rather than brown, and smelling of coal tar. Nothing on the manufacturers website even hints at this, and the can even says it's an old original formula. Like heck it is. Other discussion boards on websites have people saying the same as me.

I've no experience with Jeyes Fluid, but just wanted to say that if you find a need to try an alternative method for ants, then I've found Ant Stop to be better than anything else I've ever tried -

https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/home-defence-ant-stop-granules-300g/p/0454957

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Home-Defence-Stop-Granules-300g/dp/B01CNEM3H8

The Amazon user-reviews are worth reading if you're thinking of giving it a go.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Imbiber
Lemon Slice

Re: Jeyes Fluid

Postby Imbiber » May 17th, 2019, 8:27 pm

Does it still turn white when diluted? Or is it like coal tar soap which now only smells a bit like coal tar soap?

Return to “Does anyone know?”